ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio III 1.5 DCi 86 Dynamique Tomtom

M3 SMG
Long time no post!

Looking at getting a 2012 Clio III as per title. My partner has a 1.2TCe in the same spec and I am keen to get a practical cheap run around that's reasonably new and has warranty etc.

What are these Diesel ones like? MPG as good as claimed? DPF issues?

I find the 1.2 lacking in low down grunt which means round town it is a bit sluggish. I like diesels and this will be the family workhorse so will cover some distance.

I already know the usual ClioIII traits as we own one just interested if these are as good as they seem. Will look to remap if possible, to gain some power and hopefully improve MPG, so long as I can get away with not invalidating the warranty.

Also interested in changing the std AUX plug for the Multifunction tune point, if anyone has any info on this it would be great.

Cheers

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine 86bhp one seems alright for power. Bit of low end grunt and mid-range to get you up to speed. Around town it's pretty good, but I find that the initial take off from a traffic light GP is a bit slow.

MPG, I'm getting about 56-60mpg with commuting - 20 mile round trip a day, mixture of A road, town and village roads.

M3 SMG
Thanks :) Find diesels particularly suited to commuting because of the *wrong powerband/delivery. Much less stress full than a petrol. Obviously its not a race car, just wanted to know if it can carry the weight and still remain nice and drivable.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Mine will do regular trips to the tip with boot fulls of garden waste or other bits and pieces (old wardrobes and the like).

Sometimes wish it had a bit more power, but a remap would see it get to about 105bhp and add another 30ft-lb of torque I believe.

M3 SMG
Whats a cold day, short round town trip worst case scenario on the MPG front?

Interested to know who people use to remap them also, is there a "best" map or company?

Randomly I am hoping to upgrade the aux socket to the USB tunepoint, any idea on cost of this from Renault? (part)

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Whats a cold day, short round town trip worst case scenario on the MPG front?

Interested to know who people use to remap them also, is there a "best" map or company?

Randomly I am hoping to upgrade the aux socket to the USB tunepoint, any idea on cost of this from Renault? (part)

Difficult to say on the mpg, but for me it's about 55mpg even when booting it. Well, booting as much as an 86bhp car can...

I know dan from 519 gives a full map AND dyno printout so you can actually see the true result. Most places just map it and then take it out for a spin.

Clio MK3 DCI
55-60 mpg without a problem. Usually looking towards 65mpg on a steady motorway run. As previously said, its really not very quick off the mark. If you go for a 62 plate dynamique tom tom. Your are looking at half leather interior, Gloss black dash strips and console surround. The sat nav is also the tom tom live version which is a step up from the older versions. Also built in bluetooth for music playback so the usb might not be needed.

If it's the same as a 2010 one I have on as my driving lesson car and i don't like it. I find the gearbox is really clunky, engine is really shakey on idles, slow through 1st and 2nd gear. But that might cause it's driven by people who can't drive and has 125K on it?

M3 SMG
55-60 mpg without a problem. Usually looking towards 65mpg on a steady motorway run. As previously said, its really not very quick off the mark. If you go for a 62 plate dynamique tom tom. Your are looking at half leather interior, Gloss black dash strips and console surround. The sat nav is also the tom tom live version which is a step up from the older versions. Also built in bluetooth for music playback so the usb might not be needed.

My fiance has a 1.2 Tce Dynamique TomTom, bluetooth music playback is a god awful way to listen to music, the aux is not great because the gain is so small. Thus you turn the stereo up really loud to get the power out and then drive past a speed camera and the alert will deafen you :) lol. So USB is a MUST.

Im expecting this car to be a bit of a sacrifice as I have always had fast, petrol cars that are sporty and handle well. So its a huge step down for me, but I need something more economical in my old age!

Clio MK3 DCI
I've had that problem. I turned the sat nav volume down as it was set higher than the radio so when you picked up speed they all turned themselves up. Scares the S**t out of you when your not expecting it. All works ok for me now though and the Bluetooth playback works perfectly for what I want. No extra volume adjusts from when I'm listening to the radio.