ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio idle misfire HELP!?!

Hey guys,

I've seen 1001 posts asking the same question I'm going to ask but not one that could answer the second question.

I have a 2002 1.2 Clio which has a misfire when the car is sat idle.

This only happens once the car has been driven for a while and warmed up and isnt in any sort of sequence is just comes and go's. Some days all you get is the odd knock here or there while sat at lights which is noticble on the rev counter and you can feel it through the gear leaver then other days it shakes the whole car and is pretty repetative.

Most people would instantly point the finger at a few things and I can rule some of these out, within the past six months i have done the following:
  • Had the car fully serviced
  • Replaced the HT leads
  • Removed and cleaned all the gunk off the throttle body
  • removed that god aweful black box that eats through the wiring loom.

So I'm ruling out that this could be any sort of issue with the ignition system. My current theory is issues with my thermostat housing.

My car is currently drinking coolant which I have been topping up once every other week, me and a friend have narrowed this down to a leaking thermostat housing and as this is above a sensor (Idle sensor ... i think, please correct me if I'm wrong?) this could be causing my misfire issue?

Has anyone else had this problem??

It kinda makes sense i guess as the problem doesnt accur until the car is fully up to temperature which would be around the same time it starts leaking due to pressure? Right?

Help or sudgestions would be appriceated

Thanks

OK guys,

Just to add onto the above I have just ran the Clios internal diagnostics test (The one with the tip button stalk) and its showing up faults T and H, T is supposedly an injector fault so could this still be connected to my original theory or is this a faulty/dirty injector?