ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Hub question

BMW F31
Quick question, wheel snapped in the hub, tried tirelessly to get it out.

gonna grab a cheap one from ebay, I've got a mk2 ph1 1.6 16v, my question is, are all the clio hubs the same? presumably the 172/182 ones are different, but will the 1.2 ones work?

Does it matter about the amount of teeth on the driveshaft? Mine also has abs.

Thanks

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
I assume you mean the bolt snapped in the drive flange?

Did it snap tightening up or undoing?

Did you try drilling a hole through the middle of the broken bolt? Get it as central as you can about 8mm then hammer something like a Torx bit into the hole, needs to be a really tight fit so be prepared to kill the Torx bit.

As for what car you could get another one from I'm not 100% sure, you wouldnt need the whole hub though, assuming you find one with the same size bearing and have the same spline count on the shaft you could just knock the drive flange out but then you'd need to fit a new bearing too.

Other option would be to take the hub off and take it to a good machine shop, they'd get it out in no time.