ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Hi-Fi upgrade??

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
We have a 2004 Clio 1.4 16v Dynamique, as expected the standard stereo is a bit lame. Now, I aren't after a number-plate rattling DB-Drag monster, but would like it to sound a bit more gutsy.

It appears to have 4 speakers and 2 tweeters in the dash. Are there upgrades available that will simply fit into the standard position without altering trim?

Also, has anyone got a pic of a Clio dash with an aftermarket stereo in? I just want to know how it will look. I have a decent Pioneer unit in the RST, but I never use it in there as the sounds created at 30psi is nicer than any music, so I might put this in the Clio.

Any help appreciated!!

A black one
you want 13cm comps for the door panels, and you can get tweeters that fit in the same place as the standard ones, but you (or whoever's installing) have to take the dash off to access them.

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
We really should get out more :p LoL

P.S. I hope to see you at a show this year so I can have a ride in the beast ;) lol

Yes, you can have a ride in it whenever! It's going to hit 170mph this year!:D

How comes you were on 10000 posts earlier, now you are on 9997??!!

Hi, you could get something like this up front http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/130a1_focal-130a1-130mm-2-way-component.html and these in the back http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/130ca1_focal-130ca1-130mm-2-way-coaxial.html They will fit in place of the standard speakers so will look standard. You will just need to hide the corossover on the components under the dash somewhere. They are good sounding speakers :)

That's the kind of thing I'm after. Spot on!! Thanks.

Now, can anyone show me a dash with an aftermarket head-unit in it? ;)

mini cooper (RIP 172)
sorry to jump in on this post but will the speakers above just swap with the ones that ave in the car? how hard is it to do that?

thanks

Civic Type-R
Well the rear ones definately will as I have a set in my car :) and see no reason why the front ones wont fit either. They are easy to change, just take the covers off (just pull) and then they are held in with 4 screws. The tweeters might be a bit harder as you may have to take the dash off.

BMW M135i
The comps aren't exactly as simple as that to install btw, you've got to get over the problem of not easily being able to get cable into the doors.

Mine with my Alpine 9855R (crap photo but you get the idea):
9855r2.JPG

Civic Type-R
How come you have to get cable into the doors when putting in components? I take it you have installed some in yours? :)

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Hi, you could get something like this up front http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/130a1_focal-130a1-130mm-2-way-component.html and these in the back http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/130ca1_focal-130ca1-130mm-2-way-coaxial.html They will fit in place of the standard speakers so will look standard. You will just need to hide the corossover on the components under the dash somewhere. They are good sounding speakers :)

what about the depth of the speakers? will they just fit stright in or will you need to cut away the back? and if you do will the window hit it on the way down? thanks

Civic Type-R
Well the 130ca I have in the back of mine went in fine, loads of room so you wont have a problem with those. I cant say about the front though as I am still running standard speakers. See no reason why they will not fit though, I will be getting some of them for mine at some point in the summer.

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
The comps aren't exactly as simple as that to install btw, you've got to get over the problem of not easily being able to get cable into the doors.

Mine with my Alpine 9855R (crap photo but you get the idea):
9855r2.JPG

That's just what I wanted to see. Can you tell me more about the Alpine head unit thing? Which Alpine head units are compatible with the Clio's in-built system? What extra bits do you need etc?

Regarding the speakers, have we established that the existing wiring will be up to the job? I am wondering if I can replace front and rear 130mm speakers and leave the tweeters as the factory ones? Will they connect via the crossover that I will get with the speakers?

I haven't taken anything apart yet. I know it would all be alot more obvious if I did, but I don't want to start pulling stuff apart until I know what I am doing!!

mini cooper (RIP 172)
ive just got some JL AUDIO VR525-CSi 2-way component for the front! will these fit in depth?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Alpine are very good :approve:
I have had Clarion, Pioneer and Sony - wouldn't go back