ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Heater Fan Motor stopped working??

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
2004 Clio with Climate Control. The Climate panel all works as it should, but the fan itself doesn't come on. I've checked the fuses and had the trim off where the motor sits to check for obvious problems, but can't find anything (it's dark so couldn't have a proper look).

Any known problems with these??

Thanks in advance.

987 Boxster S
Yeah, I had the same problem a few weeks ago. It was the heater resistor pack as you suspect on your car. Its placed on the drivers side, under the plastic bit between the windscreen and engine bay. I'll see if I can find a pic in a min. I got a second hand heater resistor pack from french spares for £35 delivered. Look them up in the yellow pages or on the net.

987 Boxster S
Pics. :)

Attachments

• Clio heater resistor1.jpg
    Clio heater resistor1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,864
  • Clio heater resistor2.jpg
    Clio heater resistor2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 4,921
  Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Is it worth taking this bit out to check it? Or will it just be buggered and thats that?

Is there any other way to diagnose? I read that sometimes you get the lower speeds but not the higher speeds when the resistor pack fails is this true?

987 Boxster S
I bypassed the resistor by shorting out the far left and far right connections on the plug with a piece of cable and the fan went full speed. This proved it was the heater resistor that was buggered. If you have checked the fuses and everything else then it must be the heater resistor. Common problem with french cars??

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Took the Rheostat out this morning and bridged the 2 outer pins of the plug which made the motor run, so it's fairly safe to assume its the Rheostat thats at fault.

After phoning round local factors/Bosch agents/Lucas agents etc, it seems that despite the fact that its a Valeo part, that it can only be bought through robbing Renault. So ordered mine at 'mates' rates, but still costing over £80.

Will see if that fixes it. Part is due in Thursday.

Thanks for your help guys.

Clio 1.5 DCi
I bypassed the resistor by shorting out the far left and far right connections on the plug with a piece of cable and the fan went full speed. This proved it was the heater resistor that was buggered. If you have checked the fuses and everything else then it must be the heater resistor. Common problem with french cars??

Excellent piece of deduction - I followed the advice and within 5 minutes the diagnosis was done - the fan worked, the resistor is kaput - all I need to do now is source a replacement - cheers

Clio 182
This happened me the other day do you have a part number to hand by any chance? I need to get a price for it from Renault Ireland and prepare my wallet:S.