ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GTT DIY

Can this be done DIY ? is it worth buying a sh*tter to drive round in for a bit and do a clio GTT conversion myself ?

Id consider myself a good mechanic, ive changed my PAS rack, water pump and other various other things, Ive got an engine winch and could get a good donor car cheap !!

Has anyone done it themselves ?

List of things needed ?

21 turbs engine mounts, donor car ?

donor car, mounts off a 1.1 night&day model, battery relocated, then just freestyle i would say, ill ad to the entertainmnet, no doubt there are millions of posts on here to tell you how to do it, BUT at the prce they are being offered at these days youd be mad to do it yourself IMO

Price the conversions being offered at ? or clio GTTs ?

Id like to get to know the GTT engine though as i have with the F7P

Any ideas on timescale if i worked fulltime on it ?

Skoda Fabia vRS

it CAN be done in a couple of days, however i doubt it can be done as well, and as thorough as if you took a week over it......maybe 2...

172 Cup

the one i am picking up at the weekend should be a good little project and if i get pissed off with it i will just pass it over to Andy @ GDI to sort out!!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Theres alot more than just putting the engine in.

Electrical wiring is a huge part of it, going from injection to carb. Your fuel pump is controlled by the ecu which will change so youd have to have a remotely controlled fuel pump. Youll have to replace your power steering rack with a normal one. If you go for the 5s gearbox you will have to change your dials. The 16v box can be kept though Im told. If you got a 16v you can keep the drive shafts and hubs/brakes etc. Youd have to have a custom exhaust from the turbo pipe back.

Youd probably have to have a manual choke set up as well.

If I were you Id speak to Andy or Torsion Tuning - bare in mind theyre both miles away from the midlands though.

Theres not many proffessional mechanics out there what would take on a job like this and at least get it right and running let alone a DIY job.

Also think about the state of the GTT engine - it may need a re-build?

Willy engines best bet for a DIY conversion Id say - GTT best left to the pros.

I went to torsion tuning last week and went through alot of things as I too am thinking about the conversion. He