ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

Not a 320d
Lol, im tempted to get a set of weiteks or whatever theyre called. Dont want something un-usable though, the GT springs could do with being a little bit harder.

Is it me or is the power curve when you floor it really lumpy, seems to be lots of peaks and troughs throughout the rev range. Meh. 3000 miles and its going up to leeds for a remap.

Not a 320d
No i mean when its warm obviously, im not going to rag my car if the engine is cold.

Problems so far ive got -

Crunches into 3rd when changing from 2nd gear.
Changing from 1st to 2nd is very jumpy as im a s**t driver and dont know how to chage gear...
One of the rear brakes if obviously binding as it makes a loud squeaking/rubbing noise when accelerating from stationary.
24mpg lol
Couldnt get it to go into reverse last night without RAMMING it in, although that seems to have sorted itself out overnight it was fine this morning.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
If the Mk3 is anything like the Mk2, you can't just fire it right into reverse. Something about synchromesh...I'm not that technical but that rings a bell. Maybe someone else could confirm.

So out of that list of five, I'm saying at least 3 are down to the driver.

Mini Cooper S
The white RWS edition looks very nice! One parks up next to me at my gym often. Just a shame about the exhaust.

LOL at all of your problems Toby!

Twingo rs133
The white RWS edition looks very nice! One parks up next to me at my gym often. Just a shame about the exhaust.

LOL at all of your problems Toby!
Yeah it looks better then the blue a nice girl was drivin it.As 4 the back brakes stickin on i had that with my 100hp panda and guess what fiat said ITS A NORMAL NOISE THERE IS NOTHIN WRONG WITH THE BRAKES the things they say to get out of doin some work:mad:Toby have u tryed resettin the MPG computar? My car was hard 2 get into 3rd gear but now its done 780miles it slips in alright now

PS 200
No i mean when its warm obviously, im not going to rag my car if the engine is cold.

Problems so far ive got -

Crunches into 3rd when changing from 2nd gear.
Changing from 1st to 2nd is very jumpy as im a s**t driver and dont know how to chage gear...
One of the rear brakes if obviously binding as it makes a loud squeaking/rubbing noise when accelerating from stationary.
24mpg lol
Couldnt get it to go into reverse last night without RAMMING it in, although that seems to have sorted itself out overnight it was fine this morning.
You do know what the pedal on the left is for don't you ;)

PS 200
Id lol but i dont find it funny in the slightest.
Joking aside I'd be taking your car back to the garage and demanding they replace it with a working one.

There are statutory rights that goods sold must be fit for purpose and your car clearly isn't !

Not a 320d
it only does it now and again.

What a stupid car though really, the inlet manifold gets stupidly hot after youve been ragging it.

Not a 320d
Daz za1;6112113 said:
I would still take it back cos it aint right.Things will only get worse

Ill give it to 2000 miles and then see where its at.

The intake suffers from heatsoak badly btw guys only a moron would buy a gt.

Twingo rs133
Ill give it to 2000 miles and then see where its at.

The intake suffers from heatsoak badly btw guys only a moron would buy a gt.
He shouldnt be raggin it about all the time my mate has a white 197 and has fucked the gear box cos as soon as he starts that car he boots about

Not a 320d
He shouldnt be raggin it about all the time my mate has a white 197 and has f**ked the gear box cos as soon as he starts that car he boots about

I dont rag mine all the time, i always and have ALWAYS let the car warm up fully, and not just to when the temp guage tells me its warm either.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You bought a car, you've clearly ragged it to get just 22mpg, either that or its fucked!

Just because your having a problem with your car, doesn't make every owner a moron does it. Theres a lot of people on here who have had problems with ther 1*2 or 197. Does that make this a forum full of morons? I dont think so. Or this forum wouldn't exist.

Actually, scratch that. There's a Corsa forum.

Not a 320d
Its up to 24mpg now. 560 miles. I do boot it now and again, but i generally drive it gently.

Sorry about the moron comment, it obviously didnt get read like i ment it.

Not a 320d
Well I reset the counter tonight to see what it was really doing. Was a ten min journey and I was averaging 36 to 38mpg on built up or urban areas and had cruise control set to 70 on the mway and it was returning 40mpg.

loads :)
24mpg???? how you driving the poor thing, i work for renault and have had 1 as a demo and give the poor thing absolute death, and still got 27mpg and regular driving about 35mpg???

Not a 320d
I was ragging s**t out of it to begin with but i started being more sensible with it. Its decided to settle at 33mpg now.

Twingo rs133
Well I reset the counter tonight to see what it was really doing. Was a ten min journey and I was averaging 36 to 38mpg on built up or urban areas and had cruise control set to 70 on the mway and it was returning 40mpg.
See mate u just have 2 reset it and its alright. U need to stop raggin your car all the time cos that when problems start.UIve had mates buy new cars and rag the s**t out there cars and then there moanin cos there cars are fucked now

PS 200
Different people will have different understanding of "ragging".

When you say that I envisage you changing up when the pistons start bouncing.

;)

Not a 320d
Lol no, i put the accelertor to the floor and change where the peak power is ment to be, i always let the car warm up fully etc etc.

Dont go bouncing it off the limiter atall.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've only bounced off the limiter twice. Once was trying to get out of some thick mud and the other was wheelspinning passed some cruiizzerrs while playing barbie girl at an ear shattering volume.

Not a 320d
I've only bounced off the limiter twice. Once was trying to get out of some thick mud and the other was wheelspinning passed some cruiizzerrs while playing barbie girl at an ear shattering volume.

Damm i must be getting old, is it the done thing these days, i do try and look hip and what you young people might call "with it" these days :evil::)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
HAHA! I was hoping that playing loud music might make me hip and with it and down with the cruizers ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL. I really love annoying all these dicks that congregate outside of work (halfords/homebase carpark). They think dey is wel ard cos dey can go round a carprk wel fast n do handbrek trns.

Innit.

Not a 320d
LOL. I really love annoying all these dicks that congregate outside of work (halfords/homebase carpark). They think dey is wel ard cos dey can go round a carprk wel fast n do handbrek trns.

Innit.

If i remember correctly, its the done thing these days. Do they then go up to the nearest dual carrage way and have a race up to 98mph to prove that the K&N induction kit makes 6 bhp difference?

Ive decided that mines going on sportlines, i rekon 3cm will sit it just right although it could do with 40, some spacers, although im not sure what width, 20mm MIGHT be a little too much and 10 might be too little, a remap and having the limiter bumped up to 7000rpm and some 17" Turinis in Anthracite.

Last edited:
  Clio 197
If i remember correctly, its the done thing these days. Do they then go up to the nearest dual carrage way and have a race up to 98mph to prove that the K&N induction kit makes 6 bhp difference?

Ive decided that mines going on sportlines, i rekon 3cm will sit it just right although it could do with 40, some spacers, although im not sure what width, 20mm MIGHT be a little too much and 10 might be too little, a remap and having the limiter bumped up to 7000rpm and some 17" Turinis in Anthracite.

Spacers aren't totally safe IMO - get a wheel with a decent offset IMO. :)

PS 1.6 FTFW - I get to rag the t*ts of mine all day, yet I'm nowhere near license losing territory.

320d
PS 1.6 FTFW - I get to rag the t*ts of mine all day, yet I'm nowhere near license losing territory.

I used to love that about my 1.2, could rag it to the limiter in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and not even be speeding on a 70mph road. My usual redline in 2nd and 3rd then a little push in 4th puts me over 100 in the 172 :dapprove: where as it would be 80 in the 1.2

What do the GT's do in 3rd?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Spacers aren't totally safe IMO - get a wheel with a decent offset IMO. :)

Agree 100%. I had some spacers on the 197, and they suck big time. Made the car very twitchy/nervous, especially under braking. Couldnt wait to get them off, lasted about 2 days lol. w**k tbh