ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio fast becoming the new Saxo?

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
At least round my area, everyone young would either get a Saxo, 106 or Corsa. Now it seems they are all going for the 206 and Clio, i'm starting to feel really common :(

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Its probs cuz you can buy them pretty cheap now mate....

Round where i live its getting that way, went the pub last night which is by the local boy racer scence and i spotted 2 silver mk2 172's, 2 mk1 172's and a 182 cup. But instead of 206's Civic Type R's becoming ever more popular with some of the younger lads....theres about 6 lads that i know of with them.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I said this ages ago.

When I used to have a VTS I got stick (indirectly) from people on here with 1.2 Clios, calling all Saxos chav cars etc.

I did then and still now see more tarted up lower spec Clios than I ever did Saxos.

Clios don't even suit mods that much.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I only ever tend to see 1.2's and 1.4's round my way. Rarely see other 172's and 182's and other Cup's are as rare as rocking horse sheeet (probably cos they are being thrown into the scenery at a rate now that its got a bit wet!) so i feel rather exclusive in mine.

Impreza P1
Don't worry Ollie I haven't stacked my Cup yet but then again my Girlfriend drives alot more than I do and shes a bit MAD!!!!!!!!

I have only ever seen another Cup on the road like twice since I have had my car.

Maybe people buy more Clio's now because they are affordable cheapish to run and look good. But it's fun spanking little done up ones so you little boy racers keep modding your 60bhp clios. As i have great fun cruising past waving.:rasp:

I said this ages ago.

When I used to have a VTS I got stick (indirectly) from people on here with 1.2 Clios, calling all Saxos chav cars etc.

I did then and still now see more tarted up lower spec Clios than I ever did Saxos.

Clios don't even suit mods that much.
You should change your ID.

haha ollie, i know wot u mean, i see very few 172's or 182's round the guildford way (i live in farnham) i think ive seen like 2 other 182s and a handfull of cups... if u see a titanium 182 "KNM" plate, that be me :)

225 and 182
Same with scoobies round our way , loads of them .

Not many 182's see about 1 a week .

133/225/CLS AMG
I'd say mid 90s Impreza's are the little boy racers favourites like the R5GTT and RS Turbos were 10+ years ago.

For the average chav/boy racer they want something loud and lairy so the Clio 172s and 182s are probably a bit subtle for them. Besides they'd probably say 'Its only a Clio' anyway.

Thankfully even though I live near Croydon I haven't seen many driven by boy racers. Except my missus 182 which i get to drive haha.

172cup
I blame finance and fellas who live at home! Know a couple of guys who have trophys, meganee 225s, CTRs and TTs. 400 pound a month finance and live at home with mam! Guy with TT is total Chav never seen him out of a white tracksuit.