ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Extreme 3 vs 4

Looking at getting a new car and am thinking 1.2 or 1.4 clio. Had a look at a new Extreme 4 but am thinking of going a couple of years old to loose some of the depreciation. Any idea what the differences are between the old extreme 3s and newer extreme 4s?

Only diferences I know is that the extreme 4 can have air con, but you pay an extra £100 for the cd player. Whereas the cd player comes standard in the extreme 3 (or did with mine). 15 inch wheels with the extreme 4, whereas you get 14" with the extreme 3.

They are basically a dynamique, but with a couple of extra things not included

172 cup'd extreme

extreme 3 doesnt come with loads of things no rear speakers no split fold rear bench no side airbags no map light no alloys birds got one was cheap though 5995 brand new

Thanks for the quick replies. I might be better looking a dynamic then? or see if the prices on the extreme 4s drop any lower when the new model comes out.

Would just like to get a 02/03 172 but the insurance is stupid for a first car - 2.5 times the cost of a new 1.4 extreme!

[Edited by a716 on 8/4/2005 1:09:34 AM]

Got alloys with my extreme 3, but agree with what jon says, the dynamique is the better choice. Its the model up and the model just below the renault sports

Wouldnt really advise on getting brand new though, unless you paying cash. Reckon my extreme 3 is only worth £4k now, but still paying £10k for it. Could get a 182 with that amount now

ST

As above, if you really want a special edition one go for a dynamique billabong, standard kit includes: tilt sunroof, colour coded electric heated mirrors, CD player with 6 speakers, map light, air recirculation on the blower controls, 60/40 split rear seats with 3 headrests.

Al/

The Extreme 3 and 4 are based on Dynamique with less equipment. The main difference between the two of them is that the 4 has the 15" alloys from the Dynamique. The 3 had 14" steel wheels. The 4 has coloured bumpers and side mouldings (the Dynamique doesnt have this). The 3 had a CD as standard, its an option on the 4. The 3, 4 and 2005 Dynamique all have the same front bumper