ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio extreme 1.2 16v buying guide

polo, here for lols
hi guys, a friend of mine is looking for one of these and im going to help her look at it, any info on what to look for or a buying guide would be great. one shes found is 2001 and has 44 000 miles
cheers

clio 16v
ive got one mate.. think mines a 3 .. 40000 on it... 52 plate..

cost me 3000

check the sunroof ( as with most ) as some are shite..

but really all in all they arent bad... barter with them though :)

I got a 4, with 31000 on it - on a 05 plate... cost me £4k.

No idea what to look out for, nothing has gone wrong with mine!

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I got a 4, with 31000 on it - on a 05 plate... cost me £4k.

No idea what to look out for, nothing has gone wrong with mine!

+1

same as mine paid about £4,800... a good while ago now though...
pick them up in VGC for 3-4?
Nothing has gone wrong at all.

Some have speakers in the back some dont,
some have sprayed platics on the exterior some are left black.
some come with campus crossover bits bumpers etc. (later models only obv)

clio 16v
yeah mine has speakers in rear.. black trim ( getting it coded soon i hope)

nothing wrong with mine.. was just saying some sunroofs have a rattle

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Mine had coded trim and no speakers.

RANDOM specs FTL.

Speakers easyer to fit than coding the trim though...:eek:

Bux

Golf GTD
Got a 53 plate Extreme 2 with 81,000 for £2K

Check the seats work (if 3 door)... both of mine have problems with the cables

My girlfriend had a 1.2 16v Extreme for about 4 years in that greeny/blue colour. It was a 52-reg but don't know what version it was; apart from air-con I would say it was good spec - it def had speakers in the back. It had the colour-coded contrasting seats with the green/blue aluminium dash trim. Was very reliable.

Turbos.
I had the first i believe, it had the green seats and had its own green exterior paint available (cyclone?). Other than the interior, i think it is just Dynamique spec.

I'm not sure what specs the others hand, but some had steel wheels so wondering if they were based on the Authentique.

I had the first i believe, it had the green seats and had its own green exterior paint available (cyclone?). Other than the interior, i think it is just Dynamique spec.

I'm not sure what specs the others hand, but some had steel wheels so wondering if they were based on the Authentique.

That's the colour; Cyclone Blue (except to my eyes it's Green!). Had the 15" five spoke alloys on it, front fogs, deeper bumper/splitter perhaps? etc

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
I got my clio November last year, 52 Plate Extreme 60k miles, not sure which extreme spec it is though! Its also in the Greeny Blue (Cyclone Blue?) Got it for £1900.

It definitly had speakers in the back, but have been swapped for 6x9s and the interior seats were the black and blue joby but these have also been swapped for the sport half leather ones. The mirrors and bumpers are colour coded aswell, but it still has some black strips on the bumpers & down the sides, which im none to fussed about as it looks better with the wheels!
Not too sure if its standard spec but its got the auto lights/wipers, trip computer and a type of climate control button on one of the dash panels?!

Not many faults to note, except for abit of a rattle coming from the trim around the sunroof and it had abit of a loose connection on the starter motor. Theres also a few of the rubber seals around the windows coming loose so id check those aswell! But these are all minor bits really. :)

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Climate was an option.

The fog lights etc. were standard, Dynamique spec like i said... Think all Mk2 Clios have the stereo controls.

The Extreme 3 seems to be the same as the first Extreme albeit facelifted and in a different colour (together matched interior, so red instead of green).
http://www.carpages.co.uk/renault/renault_the_clio_extreme_special_edition_part_1_02_05_04.asp

I looked up the Extreme 2, i think its the same again but as i said for some reason doesn't have alloys.