ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Engine Swap Help

Clio 1.6 16V
Hello , i have a 1.2 Clio and want to swap engine was thinking about the 1.6 16v what do i have exactly to change ?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através do Tapatalk

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi mate,
There will be lots of comments to swap the car for a 1.6 instead of engine. The best would be to find a damaged 1.6 clio and swap the engine and box, driveshafts, hubs and brakes, and engine loom.

Clio 1.6 16V
Hi mate,
There will be lots of comments to swap the car for a 1.6 instead of engine. The best would be to find a damaged 1.6 clio and swap the engine and box, driveshafts, hubs and brakes, and engine loom.

I was planning on buying
Engine , Ecu , Uch
Driveshafts
Rear axle

And leave the front brakes stock changing the pads and disks , will the engine and box be fine with the 1.2 engine mounts ?

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
The are different on 1.2, you need the 1.4/1.6 or 2.0 (iirc). You can get them when buying the used engine.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
The mount on the engine side. I own a 1.2 clio and it had different engine mount.