ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio ECU Module Help Needed.

Hi all, the Airbag light has been on since the GF purchased her 65DCi, I have checked all cables and plugs under both front seats and have taken out the Airbag module and cleaned this using IPA as I suspect the previous owner must have spilt some liquid near or around the said area, I would cut all wires and solder these however I have no heatshrink at hand.

Now my dilema is that on looking around eBay for part number as below I can not find a suitable part matching these number, one is listed although for £50, which in truth I think is a little expensive seeing others are on for the average sum of £20 - £30 :

RENAULT
8200 277 315
BOSCH
0285 001 537
AB8.X

Do these ECU Modules need to match exactly or can I purchase a said £20 item fit it and fingers crossed the light will go out and pass the MOT on Wednesday.

All help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

cl!o

You need realy to get the car pluged in to see what the fault is if its an airbag etc which has gone off chnaging the computer won't do anything

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Also you need to get one from a similar type of vehicle... and by this I don't mean just one off another Clio II. Whilst they are visually the same (and use the same pin out config) they are programmed differently depending on the vehciles type code and equipment spec. Some have rear inertia reels with pre-tensioners where as some don't but have rear curtain bags. Plug one in with a different config and it won't set anything off but the light will be on still meaning you will have wasted your money and effort changing the thing. They can be reconfigured by someone with the right equipment (We do offer this service but, for the record, even CLIP cannot fully reconfigure the SRS module unless its a 100% new "Virgin" module and merely switches certain parameters ON/OFF). On the newer generation of vehicles (Borneo 2-3) CLIP/NXR can do a whole lot more but on this generation of vehicle (Borneo 1) CLIP/NXR is very limited.

As above, you really should consider spending out on a proper diagnostic to see what the actual problem is with the SRS Module as it may be a simple fix. Believe it or not they're pretty good at fighting off the ingress of spilt fluids.

Mick