ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio doesnt have rear speakers

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0
hey, my clio is a 1.2 extreme and doesn't have rear speakers only one in each door (2 door), would it be difficult to add some, how would i do this?

thanks

02 Clio
No, it's very easy to do, just pull the speaker cover off from the back speakers and simply screw them in, and just run wires down the sides of the car and up through the back of the glove box to the head unit, and just solder the wires together. Any speakers will fit of size 5.25" :)

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0
oh alryt mate thanks! i was just wondering, which new cable will i need to run from the head unit to the speakers?
Thanks

02 Clio
Speaker wires (a positive wire and a negative) from the speakers straight to the speaker wires that aren't connected to anything coming out of the head unit. look up in the manual for your head unit to find out which speaker wires are right and left so you can attach them to the right speakers.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
With the greatest respect - Why would you bother ?

You've essentially got a set of components up front... You don't watch your TV facing the other way !? Why would you want sound coming from behind you...

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
With the greatest respect - Why would you bother ?

You've essentially got a set of components up front... You don't watch your TV facing the other way !? Why would you want sound coming from behind you...

For the same reason that people get 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound systems. Having sound coming from all sides makes a massive difference.

Plus if he has passengers in the back they won't be able to hear it very well ;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd be amazed if your head unit had 5.1 output :rasp: Most of the noises come from the centre and then the fronts in a 5.1 system anyway and the rears just do background noise of things that are behind you if you were on set ;)

It'll just be the same stuff repeated at the rear, with the treble and mid at the floor. Pointless.

Sub + standard components up front. Head unit with HPF/LPF .. let the sub do the low end and the door/dash speakers do the mid/highs.

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
I'll agree it's not necessary but sometimes it's nice to have a full set of speakers :)

Tbh I'm very surprised that the car didn't come with them!

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0
yeh! i suppose the rear speakers can be seen as pointless, but my mate has rear ones in his clio and it definately improves the 'experience' if you wish! mines an extreme, its a shame they don't but ill try the rewiring, doubt ill find it as simple as you two did though loool

If you've not done that kind of thing before can be quite tricky.

Just get some speaker wire, pull of rear speaker covers. Lay wire down side of car, behind plastic on the sides. Pull off door seal rubbers so you can tuck it in.
Then take it up to the headunit, and you'll have two iso blocks. One is power, the other is speaker. You'll need to bunnyhop the +/- for each side to the two outside wires on each side of the speaker half of the iso blocks at the back of the headunit.

Polo + Micra
if it was me i'd be installing just the mids from a set of components in the rear positons

Renault Clio Campus
If you've not done that kind of thing before can be quite tricky.

Just get some speaker wire, pull of rear speaker covers. Lay wire down side of car, behind plastic on the sides. Pull off door seal rubbers so you can tuck it in.
Then take it up to the headunit, and you'll have two iso blocks. One is power, the other is speaker. You'll need to bunnyhop the +/- for each side to the two outside wires on each side of the speaker half of the iso blocks at the back of the headunit.
I know this is bringing back a VERY old post, but I am looking to add rear speakers to my clio campus and would find pictures/ instructions helpful

Listerine & Poledo
As per sensible posts above, don't.

If you have an upgraded headunit, spend money on a small, under-seat sub instead. The stock front components are quite decent when you set your stereo to not send bass to them.
:up:

Renault Clio Campus
As per sensible posts above, don't.

If you have an upgraded headunit, spend money on a small, under-seat sub instead. The stock front components are quite decent when you set your stereo to not send bass to them.
:up:

So you think that an undeseat sub would be the way to go? I have been trying to make a decision between a ported boot sub or a sub like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BO8O9XQ/?tag=cliospnet01-21

opinions please :)

Listerine & Poledo
So you think that an undeseat sub would be the way to go? I have been trying to make a decision between a ported boot sub or a sub like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BO8O9XQ/?tag=cliospnet01-21

opinions please :smile:
Entirely personal.
An underseat jobby will be more discreet, obvs.
but for mad basssssss, you'll wan't some huge box in the boot.