ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio dci pump timing

1.5 dci
Hi
i have seen a few threads around the internet that say the hp pump on a dci doesnt need to have its timing set when doing a cambelt change. I marked mine anyway but is this info correct. The clio dci seems to use the hp pump for the cam sensor so surely on the clio it has to be in the correct position

1.5 dci
Cheers. I was also glad I learnt about locking the flywheel and the non keyed crank pulley before I tried the starter undoing trick.

DCI100
High pressure pump doesn't need timing because it delivers constant pressure the fuel rail so has no timing.

High pressure pump doesn't need timing because it delivers constant pressure the fuel rail so has no timing.

Really so the sensor on it is just there for fun ?
There's marks in the new belt to go on the cam lower pully and pump , the mark on the pump also lines up to the top pump bolt

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Ensure high-pressure fuel pump sprocket timing mark aligned with bolt head. [12]

6226150862_710d16ea33_b.png

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Or do it the proper way... 19 teeth on the timing belt from the cam sprocket mark to the HP Pump mark. A new belt should also have white marks to take all guess work out anyway.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
This is abit odd, yes it should be timed but I can be unset aswell due to the pump design. It can never be 180* out like the old style pumps.

Align pump sprocket marker to top bolt on pump, ensure belt marks also match ( genuine belts have marks , don't know about every other make )

crank at TDC and locked with correct tool, cam also locked with correct tool