ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI Experts

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Any DCI experts on here? Mine is battering my head with its current issue.

99% it drives absolutely fine no issues, bu then out of no where generally when slowing down for a roundabout, junction etc when you get back on the throttle nothing happens for what feels like ages (probably between 3-5 seconds) then all of a sudden it starts working again and it picks up. Its like the throttle pedal just dies off.

Worth trying a replacement throttle pedal? Or do I need someone to scope the throttle pedal wiring etc?

EGR is blanked off currently from a previous fault so I assume it cannot be egr related.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It'll be a fairly simple engine on that output then - Any idea when it last had a fuel filter? I'd check the inlet track for restrictions and also have it plugged in to make sure the fuel pressure is correct. Was the EGR function deleted electronically to or just physically?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
It'll be a fairly simple engine on that output then - Any idea when it last had a fuel filter? I'd check the inlet track for restrictions and also have it plugged in to make sure the fuel pressure is correct. Was the EGR function deleted electronically to or just physically?

Last had a fuel filter approx 1000-1500 miles ago along with a full service.

What sort of fuel pressure should it be making, do you just test that whilst its idling or need to do some live data logging whilst driving?

EGR is just deleted via a blanking plate, has not be mapped out the ecu yet.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Fuel pressure required to start is 300Bar but the running pressure depends on what the ECU is requesting (It will specify "x" and you need to see what the actual pressure is compared to the reference value)