ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio dci 80 problem

Clio dci
Bought my car 8 weeks ago so is still under warrantee. Have noticed in the last few weeks that there is a very strong vibration in the car once i hit 3,000 rpm and slight loss of power, as the driver you can feel the vibrations in the seat, steering wheel and pedals and as a passenger you can feel the vibrations on the floor. I took it back to the garage yesterday and they took it for a test drive and then attached the computer to read for faults. They were very secretive about what they were saying to eachother and things which made me suspicious and they said that diesels do vibrate at 4,000rpm (mines doing it at 3,000) and that some faults did come up but they werent sure what they were but they had cleared them and to see what happened. Does anyone have any idea what it could be or is it just how diesels run?

Last edited:
  Honda Integra Type R
could be the driveshafts. i worked on a megane and when driving at around 3k sorta 25-30mph it vibrated. but once you went over that speed it stopped

Clio dci
i dont really know if it stops after 3k as it struggles and takes ages to gain any more power. I managed to get it to go to 35k the other day but the vibrations continued