ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Racer No28 Rally Car

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Hahahahah bless him, just goes to show money and skill are 2 different things🤣

Tbh its funny watching you and your co-pilot both screaming "get out of the way you f**king c**t"🤣🤣
Hahah it’s because it was happening all day.
We both got pretty fed up at that point and had lost around 10 seconds at one point as I had to pretty much stop dead on the dusty gravel section as a car was reversing out onto the stage 🤯

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Sounds like things were pretty dramatic before you even started.

I'm fairly sure a Clio shouldn't be able to keep up with an R5 car 😂 Great drive mate.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
I haven’t updated this much but I managed to do another 4 rallies after oulton

Argyll 2nd in class

5899403C-46EA-4226-8AC3-557E59C2F5E6.jpeg
B9560B1A-5065-4D97-950B-59CD58CF0E69.jpeg
0E9E7CEE-EA93-4665-835F-220C46053F5D.jpeg

Mewla 4th in class, lost out to 3rd with a snapped shaft half a mile from the end of the last stage
175A4946-D8C1-4C13-AA30-8BCC903ED980.jpeg

Three shires, off the road 😬
7CD14D8A-B0AD-48FC-BE1C-57BE25BD6428.jpeg

Tour of epynt, 6th in class, not the best result but car wasn’t working at all

40F9E6F6-37BE-4491-8B56-8E0DC2C4A874.jpeg

C6BD36D9-8D95-4863-AE9F-69E907DD83ED.jpeg

71F31824-69E8-4806-A0D2-31D91E1FD0F1.jpeg

Now for upgrades that I’ve done/doing for next year
New engine is ready to drop in, hopefully 240bhp 🙌🏼
Reigers have been removed along with the cup racer hubs and I’m now on ohlins.
Clio 197 rear calipers and swapped to 197 mc after trying many different sizes in the year but could never get the braking right still
ED12E87B-4A9F-44BF-8BC7-848AEF9584DF.jpeg
CF5945CE-DC59-4935-ADE7-1E4560ED55E7.jpeg

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
A few videos from the year 🔥

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Nice update and well done on the results. You need to keep us more updated this year. What are the plans for events this year?

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Nice update and well done on the results. You need to keep us more updated this year. What are the plans for events this year?

I know, I don’t get on here as much to be honest. I’m doing my house up and crazy with work so I hardly get a minute.

Plans wise it’s get the car working, if it’s still not how I want on the first test back then it’s actually going this time 😂

Full year of rallying in it and I didn’t enjoy one as it was so hard to drive, this mainly down to the suspension. The car never felt planted on the closed roads or braked anything like a rally car should. Hopefully I’ve sorted those issues now

Not sure if I’m going to the do protyre Championship this year but Argyll and three shires I will do, then as many closed roads as possible

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
What's wrong with the suspension? It's the main concern for the Twingo.
Argyll rally looks good and is my type of road. Looks like there are more and more closed road events

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
What's wrong with the suspension? It's the main concern for the Twingo.
Argyll rally looks good and is my type of road. Looks like there are more and more closed road events
There shouldn’t be concern, Twingo r2 ohlins second hand and job done. That’s what I’m on now and I know 2 others running the Twingo dampers on a clio.
Very easy to get hold of

Personally the reigers weren’t the best, too soft handling wise then wouldn’t take a bumpy road. Zoltan at Reiger did try and help but wasn’t to interested in changing my valving.

So I’m back to ohlins with people who will bend over backwards to get them working correct.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
There shouldn’t be concern, Twingo r2 ohlins second hand and job done. That’s what I’m on now and I know 2 others running the Twingo dampers on a clio.
Very easy to get hold of

Personally the reigers weren’t the best, too soft handling wise then wouldn’t take a bumpy road. Zoltan at Reiger did try and help but wasn’t to interested in changing my valving.

So I’m back to ohlins with people who will bend over backwards to get them working correct.
The ohlins will be out of my reach financially unfortunately as they will be mega money to me. I found avo really helpful when I ran the Puma and have the avo rears I got from you to try unless there are ohlins kicking around for a grand lol.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Nice to see this getting some more updates. Are you running 1*2 front suspension bits now, rather than the Cup racer stuff?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
The closed road rallies look far far better then the circuit based stuff, do they cost a lot more to do ?

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Nice to see this getting some more updates. Are you running 1*2 front suspension bits now, rather than the Cup racer stuff?
Yeah so it runs 172 hubs now, cup racer ball joint and custom pin

Good updates, yes as massivewangers said why go back to standard clio stuff ?

The closed road rallies look far far better then the circuit based stuff, do they cost a lot more to do ?

Why go cup racer should be the question really? The hub isn’t designed on a clio to be ran at rally height

I managed to get it working ok spacing the steering arm up and having some custom pins but you can’t fault a standard hub running standard ride height. A lot with clios think if PMS sells it then it’s what’s best

And yeah, you’ll probably not see me at a circuit rally or single venue ever. They serve a purpose for new comers to the sport but it’s far from rallying

Entry wise for a circuit even it’s around £320 to £380

Closed road from £400 too £660

but there is no better buzz down them back lanes
3A0C7F77-7E3D-43AA-B6F8-E7B4AC0F8C0E.jpeg

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Yes I agree as I did Epynt a good few years ago. This was after loads of sprints and single venue stuff. It was hard work though as had to service and do everything as my dad who co drove was no good with spanner’s.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
How are the brakes now with the 197 MC? Do you feel this is 100% required when swapping to Brembos up front?
Im about to do the same on a street/track car.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
All the changes finally paid off
2nd in class on the North West Stages. Arguably the biggest tarmac rally in the country at the minute

We had 4 stage wins but unfortunately a few stopped stages in the morning with crashed cars give us some poor nominal times so couldn’t fit for the win especially when the winner got a nominal time around 30 seconds quicker than they’d gone all day in the 2nd to last stage

Now it is time for an engine, we get looked at like we’re lying when we say it’s a standard motor on bodies but they don’t realise we drive the doors off it

782114BA-55A6-432D-9331-6FBD1BBF2EF8.jpeg

8C600A8A-95C8-42BC-9BD5-8B9D0999BCE4.jpeg
B73BB3F9-4A12-4604-A5ED-4FAEBFFE6516.jpeg

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
All the changes finally paid off
2nd in class on the North West Stages. Arguably the biggest tarmac rally in the country at the minute

We had 4 stage wins but unfortunately a few stopped stages in the morning with crashed cars give us some poor nominal times so couldn’t fit for the win especially when the winner got a nominal time around 30 seconds quicker than they’d gone all day in the 2nd to last stage

Now it is time for an engine, we get looked at like we’re lying when we say it’s a standard motor on bodies but they don’t realise we drive the doors off it

View attachment 1585434View attachment 1585435
View attachment 1585436View attachment 1585437View attachment 1585438
View attachment 1585439
View attachment 1585440
Awesome mate!! Full tat there.