ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cup 2014

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Race version looks fantastic, surprised with all that extra power and especially torque its not more than a second quicker though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I bet it's heavier than the current car.... But it does sound interesting and does look good :)

Yes I would think it probably is.

Will be interesting to see in a few years time where cheap series like the tintops that a few lads on here race in go with regards to these smaller capacity turbo units.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
21 years of Clio Cup racing, I had no idea they'd been racing them for that long.

It does look pretty good tbh.

chr1252.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Interesting point PH make about the outgoing cars, I didnt realise they were getting booted out quite that quick TBH, I naively (and wrongly) thought they would be allowed to co-exist for a bit.

renault clio 182
I like it looks very nice even the rear wing (awaits abuse) is just strange how only 1second quicker than the older model tho but 220bhp from a 1.6 isn't too shabby hopefully the road going version will have lots of potential

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah - might be some 200 cup racer bargains about soon.
Shame, as they say, they're expensive to run though :(

Would be tempting to buy one, sell off the engine and box, and fit a F4RT instead as a basis for a really good trackday car. (as the boxes are one of the big sources of cost, cool though they are I personally would consider them a liability for just a trackday car)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hadn't thought about that - bloody good point though. Engine and box are worth more than enough to cover an F4RT conversion!

Tempting

http://www.motorsportads.com/race-cars/saloon-cars/22691.html

18,500 there, but I would imagine prices will come down now they arent current anymore, for example you can get a 172/182 cup racer for about 10K in working order with a sadev that is very saleable for about a third of that or more.

It does make sense as a way to build a very capable trackday car IMHO

Will be interesting to see in a few years time where cheap series like the tintops that a few lads on here race in go with regards to these smaller capacity turbo units.

CSCC are modifying and renaming their Deutsche Marque series to Modern Classics. Aim is any car > 2 litre but sub 2 litre forced induction are allowed too. It does say have to be in production before 1/1/2000 but it also says the rule can be bent.

I guess they'll have to change again in a few years as n/a engines become less common.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
CSCC are modifying and renaming their Deutsche Marque series to Modern Classics. Aim is any car > 2 litre but sub 2 litre forced induction are allowed too. It does say have to be in production before 1/1/2000 but it also says the rule can be bent.

I guess they'll have to change again in a few years as n/a engines become less common.

I would imagine they will have to introduce some sort of restrictor, its the only way turbo motorsport tends to work, as otherwise its too easy for power to get ridiculous.
I bet I could build even a 1.6 sized turbo motor with 400bhp for a lot less than you could do an F4R N/A for 250bhp.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes lol.

I guess that's why a lot of lower echelon motorsport shys away from forced induction.

Beginners and big power isnt a great mix, plus it would detract from what these lower series like the tintops are supposed to teach you about setting up a car and racecraft etc