ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio & Corsa

Black 172 PH2
Ignore.
As soon as you take the bait he'll do it even more. He's obviously a tool and the whole "race" could get a bit dangerous if he has no talent but dented pride.
It could lead to more of his mates looking to race you the following week if they know you're down for a bit of racing.

Megane RS250
^ bit extreme like. And I don't see how any of this relates to over compensation do a body part. At the end of the day, you proven you can ignore him, I'd say make him look like a fool and drive off smilin and he'll go home crying, you didn't buy a 182 for slow manoeuvres in the dark so to say.

I creamed a new style Golf GTI last night as he was doing the same thing, after a mile or so I pulled in let him pass and he showed appreciation and tottered off. No harm no foul

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
There is a few cars that sit in the garage, where i pass, I could avoid it but it means putting another 10/15mins on my drive to work.
I dont rush to head to work at the weekends and i like to plod along minding my own business and just for 10mins of the night he does my nut in.

I have been thinking about texting the guy i used to work with who also hangs about the garage to tell the Corsa boy that he can try all he wants but i wont race an im not going to bite to the bait so then maybe he will then get the hint that he himself is being a total knobber and making himself looks sily with racing a non racing car doing 40/50mph in a 60mph zone

Astra (H) VXR
Just wait until he try's to overtake you and speed up... Hopefully a truck will be coming the other way and it will scare this s**t out of him.... Failing that go to the garage one night lay down the pink slips and the respect and say it don't matter how you stand buy your car, it's how you race your car!! He's got to learn that!

Golf GTD Mk7
My old 1.8 SRi isn't far off the 182 pace, mine rolled 157bhp with the usual breathing mods and a remap. Throw some cams in there and you've got 170bhp, change the inlet manifold for a dbilas and you're looking at near 180.

This tbh. You'd be surprised how little is in it

Iceberg 172
Didnt think of that... As an alternative to my post, when he gets in front, whack your main beams and fogs on and sit on his bumper like you're going to run him off the road... If you wanna look really crazy brush your teeth like a madman but don't wipe off the excess tooth paste: frothing madman y0!

This it so good do that!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Get the car warmed up before you go..

As above, when you see him pulling out to overtake, you plant your foot and hold him out for a while. should scare him :)

He speeds up, you speed up
He slows down, you slow down :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Used to have a 1.8 corsa myself, couple of mods and it was almost as quick as my 172 Cup. Not worth bothering with him though as has already been said.

BG 182 FF
Get the car warmed up before you go..

As above, when you see him pulling out to overtake, you plant your foot and hold him out for a while. should scare him :)

He speeds up, you speed up
He slows down, you slow down :)

Yeah... no. This is beyond twattery.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I'm hoping there's a video of the next fated encounter

While the road 8 times out of 10 has traffic police along it as its next to Edin Airport i doubt i want to be hanging out the window on my phone making videos of this corsa racing me.

None the less i text the guy i worked with and he said that if they are down the garage this week hanging about the jet wash he is going to tell him that there is no point trying to race or waste his fuel as im not going to bite. The fact that im past that stage now, the traffic love to sit on a nice long straight looking for tools like him and my car wont be warmed up kind of sums it up.

FF Racing Blue 182
i had a corsa c just like that was pretty nippy i know alot of of corsa c owners put a 2L turbo in them an engine called a Z20LET and can be tuned up to get silly BHP for a corsa its worth having a google about it

i remember coming home late at night and an old corsa b was up my hoop for a bit i thought i would be smart and wait till it was quiet and let rip and the old thing done me over big time to be honest it was embarrassing and i was in my corsa c sri

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
i had a corsa c just like that was pretty nippy i know alot of of corsa c owners put a 2L turbo in them an engine called a Z20LET and can be tuned up to get silly BHP for a corsa its worth having a google about it

i remember coming home late at night and an old corsa b was up my hoop for a bit i thought i would be smart and wait till it was quiet and let rip and the old thing done me over big time to be honest it was embarrassing and i was in my corsa c sri
Some use the LEH from the new Astra VXR too.

Inferno 182
A mate of mine has an Astra with the 2.0 vxr engine in it... Goes fairly well, keeps pace with another friend of mines 200 upto 140beans

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The road that runs by the airport (A8) is a 70. NSL + dual carriage way, innit.

BG 182 FF
Let it warm up first, get your 7,200RPM limit, then drive off.

Unless you can do what I did in my Golf.

Was on the way to Subway for lunch and saw a police speed trap on the way there. On the way back along the same road, a black 1.2 Corsa filled with Chavs & Chavettes pulled alongside me and the driver started to rev and look at me egging me on for a race. 180BHP Golf vs 1.2 Corsa? Ok, I had the power advantage plus the knowledge of what was lying ahead.

Knowing full well the police where 1000m up the road with a speed gun, I rev'd back. Launched my heavy as hell Golf, went through 1st, gave it a little in second, and as the Corsa was so far behind when I gave up, he felt he had something to prove. I laid off at 45MPH and he kept his foot down to "prove his point," whilst I anchored on back to the 30MPH limit.

Police had pulled him over by the time I had got further up the road, he didn't seem to appreciate my wave I gave him, judging by the way he glared at me.

Hahahahahha, thats amazing!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I've put this one in an older thread but I think it's worth posting again:

However I would simply invest in a new sticker to piss him off to no end, something on the lines of "I don't race s*****x corsa's"

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182
Well considering we've already established that it's a 1.8 SRi Corsa C then yeah, I would expect it to be that...

If it had anything less under the bonnet then I'd be taking it back to Vauxhall.

Why are people suggesting its a "redtop" it's just stupid, who would put an older, less reliable engine in a Corsa C? that's what I was suggesting.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Why are people suggesting its a "redtop" it's just stupid, who would put an older, less reliable engine in a Corsa C? that's what I was suggesting.

They aren't. We were discussing different engines that could be under the bonnet of a corsa if it's a quick one, not limited to the corsa C.

And people were putting C20LET's and XE's in corsa C's when they first came out because they were a cheap engine (the XE anyway).

And I don't know about you but I'd much sooner have a corsa C with a C20LET under the bonnet than a Z18XE regardless of the engines age.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The road that runs by the airport (A8) is a 70. NSL + dual carriage way, innit.

Its a 60 National Speed Limit (40 At New Bridge End & Then Again Into The Gyle At RBS)

I know what people are saying about Redtops & Turbos as i have been in the Vauxhall game a while (Before Renaults) BUT this is a standard 1.8 16v SRi with no mods. None what so ever and its as standard as it can possibly be.
As said before the only mod it has is the Arnold Clark yellow sticker on the back window.

Im not going to bite as i said before for the fact i dont want end up getting caught from the traffic as knowing my luck i would.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Hmm, don't understand how it's a 60. I knew about the 40 each end however.

I might look into this. I always plough along there at 70.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Hmm, don't understand how it's a 60. I knew about the 40 each end however.

I might look into this. I always plough along there at 70.

Look out for these

MES2605.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yeah I've seen them. There is a central reservation though, making it a dual carriage way. NSL on a DC is 70? No?