ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio coming back out. do i need tooo

CLIO 172 CUP....
right in july the insurace run out on the cup and seeing i wasnt using it much i fort i mite as well give it a realy good clean inside and out then put her away in the garage were she is nice and safe but the thing is in around 2 weeks the mot is ready to run out also iv now sold the van so im looking to get her out some tim this week. now as the has not been driven for some time is the any little things i should do like change (oil) or any think like this.
IMG00356-20110423-1215.jpg

or will she be fin starting her up leting her warm up abit thn good to go

also i have ben turning it over ever now and then....

cheers guy.

CLIO 172 CUP....
first of all, when i got th car it had some 17inc nasty wheels on. so no i never had the standed in the first place.
and for the strap well i like it....

now stop flaming. now on a real now is ther any little thing i should do.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
if youv been turning it over every now and then i wouldnt be to bothered mate. possibly oil change but i doubt it will do to much harm if you dont, its only been sat for 2 months. my bikes doesnt go outside in winter (probably 4ish months) i only tick it over and dont always worry about changing oil, its fine. just takes a while to warm/clean the system through

CLIO 172 CUP....
it was last service (january) this year so lets say about 10 months ago....

any recomendation on witch oil to get. i no it 5-40w.

Black 172
I don't think I'd do anything special to a car unless it had been standing for 6 months or more.
I'd just get in and drive it.
Cars get left in airport car parks for a month at a time, all the time. A couple in a garage is no problem IMO.

Personally I would aim to change the oil every 6-7months so in my eyes it's due.

Maybe that's just me though.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Would give it an oil change and replace filters, I'm taking mine off the road over the winter and will be doing similar. Maybe change the box oil while you're on if its never been done before, that way you know its good to go.

CLIO 172 CUP....
right it im going to give it an oil change tomorrow and new filter. full tank of petrol and a bottle of redx.

then she should be good to go.