ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Clutch

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
Hi all, ive had my clio 1.2 16v extreme for a couple of months now and after driving a friends corsa the other day ive noticed the clutch in my clio is alot stiffer than the one in the corsa.
Is that normal or is there any way to adjust it? Or is that just a sign that the clutch has had it?

Thanks

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
For some reason the Clio's clutch is heavy. I few of my friends who have drove my 1.2 16v have said the same thing. I have had my car 4 years now and never had to have a new clutch.
I thinks is just they way it is mate

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
my 172/182 have had the stiffest clutch in any cars i've driven.

S4 Avant
You'll never find two cars with the same feel to the clutch, it's how clutches are.

My clio has a stiff clutch, with a harsh biting point
Freelander has an insanely stiff clutch and has to be pushed right down
Fiesta has a feather weight clutch, with a bite point as high as a kite

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
stiff and bites right at the top...I thought it was odd at first aswell!

the higher it bites, the more time its got left,
unless its adjusted wrong,
think its perhaps because theyre cable
biting right at the floor means its due a change

mines stiff,
but its nothing on a 172,
drove one a while back, i stalled :quiet:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
the higher it bites, the more time its got left,
unless its adjusted wrong,
think its perhaps because theyre cable
biting right at the floor means its due a change

mines stiff,
but its nothing on a 172,
drove one a while back, i stalled :quiet:
Surely its the other way around?

Anyway, i was concerned about the clutch, so i got it changed (cost £60 in parts, free labour from my uncle) and its exactly the same and the old one wasnt too bad when it came out. Plus it was a PITA to change, subframe has to come off which can be hard work on a 7 year old car. In the end we wish we had of taken the engine out as the lifting gear was already in place.

Nissan 350z
Had my clutch changed its gone from very harsh high biting to still being harsh but in the middle with the pedal becoming MUCH lighter. 1.4 ph1 Si.

By harsh i mean the biting point is small and easy to stall.

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
So its not just me then :) Its my first car so i was none the wiser till i drove my friends.

Also the biting point seems to change from first starting the car its about half way up but after driving for half an hour or so it seems to be more towards the top :S