ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Campus or Twingo or ?

SchwepTek™
My friend (happens to be my ex) is interested in buying a new car as her first car. It has to be around £7/8k and preferably have a 0% finance deal available.

I have told her to look at campuses and twingos and corsas. What do you think is her best option? She loves the twingo GT!!!

Sorry if this in the wrong place.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Clio Campus Sport i-music for me. If she can stretch to it a 1.5 dci version.

£35 road tax and 55mpg!

SchwepTek™
She doesnt like Yaris Dan LOL. Her top choice was a 107 XS!!!!! So i showed her the Twingo GT which she now loves!! Shes not my misses anymore so i dont really care LOL but i know you guys know your stuff ;) I think its her dad who is going to pay the finance deal and says it can be no more than 10k with 0% finance?!?! Either way she is a lucky cow.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Fiesta blue thing they've just bought out,

If i had £8k to spend on a car i defo would not be buying a crappy IMO renault.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Don't get the Campus. I can't remember where they're built now, Africa is it? Anyway, the one I've been in (so granted, not a big sample heh) was rattly as hell and was only a month old - the build quality and even trim materials seemed miles worse than any other, well I was gonna say Renault I've ever been in, but I'm gonna up that and say 'car I've ever been in' heh! Just MHO of course. With £8k for a brand new car, a Mk3 Clio, a C2, an Ayo, a 107, a Ka, a Fiesta, she has plenty of choice.

Dan

A well built VW
Oh also, what about a fiat 500?

Saw one of these in the flesh last month and i was very impresed the image of fiat has certainly changed recently Im pretty sure it will hold its value well too and im sure they are only a £1k extra than a panda

SchwepTek™
Hahahaha very funny. I don't think i would ever do that now although it did look like it at one stage!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I fail to see how the fiat 500 is not the 100% winner here?

Because Fiat build quality is worse than Renault! I have driven all the cars you are talking about except the fiat, I will never drive another fiat, i hate mine, its the worst car I have ever owned. Personally I would get the Twingo GT, I loved it!