ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Alignment Settings?

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Alignment.jpg

Am I right in saying the below setting are correct for a Cup 182/Trophy?

FRONT
Camber: -0.45'
Caster: 3.00'
Toe: -0.06' (Total: -0.12')
Steer ahead: 0.00'

REAR
Camber: -1.30'
Toe: -0.10' (Total -0.20')
Thrust Angle: 0.00'

From above printout. Obviously I run more front -ve camber but am I right in saying that the rear toe on mine is +ve when it should be -ve and therefore quite a bit out?

Doubting myself atm with issues I'm having with steering feel.

rear should definately be positive. Yours is right, just a little biased to one side ;) (in my un-proffessional opinion though)

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
rear should definately be positive. Yours is right, just a little biased to one side ;) (in my un-proffessional opinion though)

Thanks. The pdf for settings I had states a -ve toe on rear (which is wrong) Will look at shimming the right to get it closer to +ve 10min I need.

Thanks Jengis and Jack_Davey

Will look at shimming the right to get it closer to +ve 10min I need.

I wouldn't.

And I don't think its the sole cause of your handling issue in all honesty. Unless something is clearly bent on the rear I would not shim anything, would be a bodge anyway. It's not uncommon to have rear axles a little tiny bit off square, your total toe is ok really.

Clio Mk2 Ph3
Ι am really confused with Renaults' 172-182-TROPHY,rear stub axle,toe,settings!!!!!!!!!Only the camber remains the same -130!!!

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't.

And I don't think its the sole cause of your handling issue in all honesty. Unless something is clearly bent on the rear I would not shim anything, would be a bodge anyway. It's not uncommon to have rear axles a little tiny bit off square, your total toe is ok really.

Agree with you deffinately not sole problem or tbh a big factor at all because there has been a differance there since 1st alignment I had done on car 4 years ago, not to the extent it is now. Rear has been mechanically checked for play and wear. Just want to get everything spot on so a 10min shim from pure motorsport on that corner should bring it pretty much to standard settings and would allow me to focus on the front end completely then. :)

pb ph2 172
more to the point the thrust angle is miles out
i take it that was done on a hunter system
whats the problems you have with the car

pb ph2 172
also moving the rear into line so it has similiar toe on both sides will bring the thrust angle closer to zero and knock the front alignment out
a thrust angle that big will cause a pull regardless what the fronts are set to
mine was the same except i have the joy of a hunter at my work and a nice selection of shims

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Just a thought... Could it be play developing in rear wheel bearing?

Not checked, only really looked at rear alignment since you pointed thrust angle in other thread. But they were replaced last summer.

also moving the rear into line so it has similiar toe on both sides will bring the thrust angle closer to zero and knock the front alignment out
a thrust angle that big will cause a pull regardless what the fronts are set to
mine was the same except i have the joy of a hunter at my work and a nice selection of shims

Front tramlines and pulls more than it used to and steering feels vague at times. This much more apparent on rough and uneven roads. Which makes sense with what you said about thrust angle.

If I shim the rear toe to get it closer to each other/standard and reduce thrust angle then get the front redone to how it is now atleast I know the alignment will be fine.

2004 172 cup
I use a hunter every day in work, the readings you have are well in the tolerences these machines measure in 0.00 of a degree that o/s/r wheel is a nats **** off IMHO,

pb ph2 172
I use a hunter every day in work, the readings you have are well in the tolerences these machines measure in 0.00 of a degree that o/s/r wheel is a nats **** off IMHO,

yeah so do i
so you should know that thrust angle will cause a pull and it should be no more than 0.02

the machine's measuring accuracy is not being questioned.

Is it a handling problem? I don't know. I wouldn't have thought so, but I would try unbolting and refitting the beam before shimming as the total toe is "average" within tollerance. Is there any scope to "align" the rear beam on its mounts?

View attachment 892260

Am I right in saying the below setting are correct for a Cup 182/Trophy?

FRONT
Camber: -0.45'
Caster: 3.00'
Toe: -0.06' (Total: -0.12')
Steer ahead: 0.00'

REAR
Camber: -1.30'
Toe: -0.10' (Total -0.20')
Thrust Angle: 0.00'

From above printout. Obviously I run more front -ve camber but am I right in saying that the rear toe on mine is +ve when it should be -ve and therefore quite a bit out?

Doubting myself atm with issues I'm having with steering feel.
Hi.
Do you know about Clio estate grandtour adjustment angles?
Should be measurements a bit different or same as Renault cup?
Ta

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk