ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 3 Rs: Coil over spring rates.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Hi,
I'm ordering some suspension for the R27.
Just wondering what you guys think I should go for in terms of spring rates.
AST 5100 with Coilover rear.

They recommend 60N f / 40N rear or for something a little stiffer 80N F / 80N F

Car is not stripped out, will not do many miles, some road, some track. Mostly Nurbergring.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
60/40 seems low for a III, my 182 runs that atm....III's are heavier
Springs are not That expensive so could be changed at a later date, for the use you intend (IE not a daily) i'd go for the highre springrates.

are you getting them from AST direct?
How are you finding them to deal with, they don't seem the have responding to email down in any way.....

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
60/40 seems low for a III, my 182 runs that atm....III's are heavier
Springs are not That expensive so could be changed at a later date, for the use you intend (IE not a daily) i'd go for the highre springrates.

are you getting them from AST direct?
How are you finding them to deal with, they don't seem the have responding to email down in any way.....

I am dealing with them direct. Speaking with someone called Julian. So far have been great to deal with. I have also been looking at Madeno racing, they do custom Bilstein setups based on the B14.