ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2002 ICE install and Diagram, winter project..

clio 1.4 16v 02
first idea!! can I run 2 amps off 1 power cap?
diagram3-1.png

Second idea!
diagram.png

Polo + Micra
third idea.

throw the cap in the bin it's not worth a w**k

go for the first setup just need a bigger amp i guess for the subs

clio 1.4 16v 02
third idea.

throw the cap in the bin it's not worth a w**k

go for the first setup just need a bigger amp i guess for the subs

I was thinking of a 2000watt amp for the subs but the 800watt pioneer is 800watt bridgable @4ohm so when bridged each sub will be powered by 800watt @4ohm if wired up the way my diagram shows:) the subs are 800watt each aswell..

Why does no1 like power caps? lol

1st one. Don't get 6x9's . Specially if your having 3 subs in the boot!! Will just completely mess them up if you put them on the parcel shelf.

Get yourself on Talk Audio forum (search google) . Though you'll end up spending thousands most likely from the advice on there.

Impressive diagrams though lol.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
why would you run 3x800watt subs off a single 800watt amp? you would be better off running a single 15"

Polo + Micra
the reason people don't like caps is because they don't work

i'm not sure you get the sub idea

bridged means you combine a 2-channel amplifier outputs to one output into a single speaker

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
oh and the power cap will be needed if you want to turn that up at all, as being a 1.4 the alternator will not cope running just off a standard battery, make sure you keep the car running if your powering 3 subs, also thats going to be a hell of a weight in your boot, if your interested I am about to put up for sale a single Alpine type X 10" sub powered by a JL Audio G-Max 1200w mono block amp

Polo + Micra
oh and the power cap will be needed if you want to turn that up at all, as being a 1.4 the alternator will not cope running just off a standard battery, make sure you keep the car running if your powering 3 subs, also thats going to be a hell of a weight in your boot, if your interested I am about to put up for sale a single Alpine type X 10" sub powered by a JL Audio G-Max 1200w mono block amp

how will the power cap help? it's just extra load on the alternator

clio 1.4 16v 02
QUOTE DINK
the reason people don't like caps is because they don't work

i'm not sure you get the sub idea

bridged means you combine a 2-channel amplifier outputs to one output into a single speaker

Bridging the amp and speakers as in the diagram 800 watts is running through all 3, its 1 hole circuit..

Last edited:
  clio 1.4 16v 02
QUOTE ROBBIEGRAHAM why would you run 3x800watt subs off a single 800watt amp? you would be better off running a single 15"

Im going with 10s as the music I play most is up beat (trance, hardstyle, etc), done a few setups in the past and I always find 10s sound a lot better with that sort of music :)

Last edited:
  clio 1.4 16v 02
quote james 28.. 1st one. Don't get 6x9's . Specially if your having 3 subs in the boot!! Will just completely mess them up if you put them on the parcel shelf.

Thanks mate :).. the 6x9 idea is out the window most people are telling me not to use them.. gona go for extra pair of mids instead ;)

Polo + Micra
rsvmad1 said:
Bridging the amp and speakers as in the diagram 800 watts is running through all 3, its 1 hole circuit..

but your not showing the amp 4 ohms your showing it 1.3 ohms which means it will die very quickly

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
how will the power cap help? it's just extra load on the alternator

Power caps help because they draw power for the subs before it is needed. They put a constant load on the alternator rather than a varied one. That's why when I play my system loud the head lights pulse with the beat of the music. If you have a power cap you don't get this. Cause when the subs are not active the power cap is reserving power or when they do kick in

Polo + Micra
Power caps help because they draw power for the subs before it is needed. They put a constant load on the alternator rather than a varied one. That's why when I play my system loud the head lights pulse with the beat of the music. If you have a power cap you don't get this. Cause when the subs are not active the power cap is reserving power or when they do kick in

the problem is the amount of power they have in reserve is tiny really tiny then when the first bass note hits it'll be discharged so it is then taking power away from the amp

i've had a power cap and it made the light dip worse.

i did get rid of most of the light dip by adding an extra 4 awg link between the chassis and battery and installed a yellow top battery