ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Spoiler

Is it true that you can't put the cup spoiler in a clio 200 that hasn't got one without replacing the whole boot?

I think it's called the cup spoiler haha!

also anyone know places to get the 200 recaros at good price?

Thanks

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
No, not true. It's just 4 holes drilled into the boot lid. I had mine fitted, cost me £50 for a body shop to fit

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
You cannot put a 200 cup spoiler on a car that's got a GT spoiler.

if youre 200 is a normal one with no spoiler that's fine.

200 recaros- rare as rocking horse sh*t

ive had 3 sets- paid £900 for all 3.
S

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I fitted mine with a bloke from work (as I couldn't bring myself to drill the top of the bootlid).

But as said, it's the gt spoiler that can't be swapped for the cup spoiler

Aww that must be what I heard, difference between gt spoiler and normal is? I'm guess similar to old v6 spoiler and normal 1*2 one?
Could you not replace the boot with non gt wing? Obviously a lot of work but is that possible?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Aww that must be what I heard, difference between gt spoiler and normal is? I'm guess similar to old v6 spoiler and normal 1*2 one?
Could you not replace the boot with non gt wing? Obviously a lot of work but is that possible?

The gt spoiler requires a different tailgate as it has the brake light built in, the v6 spoiler is just larger than the 1*2 spoiler, both fit the same.

you can just replace the boot yeah, when I was looking for my car I wanted a cup spoiler or no spoiler so I could fit one myself

Gt
029.jpg

Cup
57.jpg

if you need them, I think I've still got the spoiler templates left over from when I fitted mine. You'll just need some new double sided tape to stick them down with

Cheers, well looking for a storm grey 200, or a liquid yellow 182, not sure which to go for!

Yeah that would be ace dude! Good to know if I find the right one I can get the cup spoiler if I wanted it.

Clio 197 F1
Sweet! That's Great news! Anyone know a good place to get genuine recaros that don't cost £3000 haha!!i
Capital seating or eBay. As said above, they're not exactly cheap which Is why I bought an F1 with them already in XD.
Cup spoiler drills straight into the current coot lid, so does the sprint spoiler from Ktec.
I think It's the GT Spoiler that you can't as you need to move the light position IIRC, not 100% sure though.

Last edited:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Cheers, well looking for a storm grey 200, or a liquid yellow 182, not sure which to go for!

Yeah that would be ace dude! Good to know if I find the right one I can get the cup spoiler if I wanted it.

I have a brand new cup spoiler In the garage finished in storm grey!

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Nope it was on my way home one night sold picked it up... would have sold full bifta if the Italians hadn't built a pikey version for £74 unpainted. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Never mind - still worth North of £200... Ebay will be my friend.

the white Clio you linked to above CL10 DAR I sold 2 years ago. MINTER

s