ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 near Glasgow - Should I buy?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Brand new member looking for some advice! Looking to buy a Clio 200 and have up to £8k to spend.

Was wondering if there was anything in particular I should be looking out for? I have heard about the gearbox synchros for example - does that mean if the gearbox hasn't been done previously I should be very cautious? Does it affect all 200s?

I know the 200's I'm looking at will be at least 5 years old. How big a deal is it if they haven't had there timing belts done in that time?

I'm also keen to get a ff with Recaros if possible. Big question is to cup or not to cup? Would either of these be a good shout:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=default&zero-to-60=fast&model=clio&logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=default&zero-to-60=fast&model=clio&logcode=p

Thanks in advance for your help!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
The first black one i've seen in person. The garage is a mile from my house. Looked okay from what i could see.

The garage its self seem to stock properly nice metal i'd say.

Also keep in mind both should have had their cambelts done, thats about £500/600 dependant on where you go.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first black one i've seen in person. The garage is a mile from my house. Looked okay from what i could see.

The garage its self seem to stock properly nice metal i'd say.

Also keep in mind both should have had their cambelts done, thats about £500/600 dependant on where you go.

Hi Danny, thanks for the info! I know the first one definitely has done, if the second one has it would probably swing it for me as it has the Recaros.

Also, where do you get yours serviced if you are in Glasgow?

Ben

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Kenny Brown motor sport are in Hillington not far from that garage, he knows how to properly time the engines, i don't know if you're aware but they're very sensitive to the way they're timed. - he's expensive but he's very good.

If its not been done by someone that knows what they're doing, get it checked by someone who does.

I personally use RenTec in Edinburgh, they seem to know what they're doing, SWR in Stirling are also good!

Where are you from?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kenny Brown motor sport are in Hillington not far from that garage, he knows how to properly time the engines, i don't know if you're aware but they're very sensitive to the way they're timed. - he's expensive but he's very good.

If its not been done by someone that knows what they're doing, get it checked by someone who does.

I personally use RenTec in Edinburgh, they seem to know what they're doing, SWR in Stirling are also good!

Where are you from?
Cheers mate!

Originally from the Isle of Man, but in Glasgow now for work. There seems to be a fair few 200s about here!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
As Danny says Kenny brown is s**t hot but he charges for the privilege. Swr and rentec are cheaper but there's obviously the distance to factor in