ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Eats GT3's

Clio 200 Black and White
[YOUTUBE]IK3wZf9IWVY[/YOUTUBE]

Watch the whole thing. Awesome.

Let's not forget shall we that a nicely specced Clio 200 can be had for 15 grand.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 200 Black and White
Indeed. The Clio driver seems to understand how to drive a car.

If you read the comments below the video there's quite a bit of fun being made of the porker driver (mostly in German).

Still though, pretty cool.

Mk5 golf gti
Should read driver of Clio 200 eats driver of GT3, but good vid regardless.

isnt that all it ever boils down too??
lol
im menna be test driving a 200 cup this weekend so can compare it to my 172
or do i keep the 172 hmm

Clio 200 Black and White
Hang on folks, before you call the GT3 driver "sh.t" I'd like to point out that he put in a BTG 8.36 with cold tyres and poor conditions (read the comments).

So, again, big respect for the Clio.

He doesn't have to be s**t. He may just not have been pushing the car so hard at that stage. Not every lap on a track is a race.

EDIT: Still, he did serve himself :(

Artic 182
This is me chasing a GT3 in a 106...
DSCF4210-1.jpg

This is me 2 laps later... Guess if its behind or infront ;)
DSCF4223.jpg

Too many people have the car minus the skill
DSCF4210-1.jpg&newest=1

LY 182 FF CUPPED
There is a lot more at stake when things get slightly out of control in a GT3 to bear in mind, and thats gonna be very a very costly mistake.

Lots of factors, could be the first week the Porsche owner has had the car, first track session.....so many factors.

But agree with you that Clios are the fastest cars in the world ever.

Last edited:
  Artic 182
How'd you guess?

From observation the Porsche broke away earlier and didnt want to turn in as fast, i put most of this down to it being on road tyres which gave it a massive disadvantage over me. Cant fault the driver for that and as has been said, you have alot more to lose in a car like that, but it still looks good in photographs:D

Clio 200 Black and White
yeah man, seriously, why can't people just enjoy a nice video?

Clio 200 looks cool, takes on lots of fancy expensive machinery and wins. What's not to like?!

M2 Competition
Indeed. Im not sure why people bother with the 'it was the driver' comments. Im not sure who's daft enough to think that a clio is physicaly faster than a gt3 full stop, but theyre very daft indeed!

I love watching ring videos!

Clio 200 Black and White
yeah exactly, we all know Porsches is awesome, that's why it's cool to see the Clio storm passed a couple of them!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
so shouldn't the title of your thread read something along the lines of

"Clio 200 driver doing well at the ring" ......Clio 200 EATS GT3's ha ha ha

Clio 200 Black and White
so shouldn't the title of your thread read something along the lines of

"Clio 200 driver doing well at the ring" ......Clio 200 EATS GT3's ha ha ha

Absolutely, you're right, that's very catchy. Much better than the title I came up with.

You told me all about the importance of the driver on the track AND taught me how to make a nice title for my posts.

Again, I really can't thank you enough.

Clio Hybrid / S3
This is me chasing a GT3 in a 106...

This is me 2 laps later... Guess if its behind or infront ;)

Too many people have the car minus the skill

But unlike you I think the GT3 driver is a little scared of wrecking his expensive car...:rasp:

In the original video though he really didn't estimate that corner very well.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Can I just point out a fact that many people seem to forget when saying "Its the drivers fault, he has no skill!"...........many people on here own fwd cars, a few 4x4's..............they take about 2 brain cells to drive quickly so because you can throw the things about and get away with it, don't think your driving gods. Driving a mid engine Porsche flat out would take a damn sight more skill than doing so in a 200. Don't get me wrong, I thought I could drive well but that was until I went to the 'Ring and watched people hammering big power M3's, AMG's, Ferrari's and Porsches around the track with no effort what so ever. I couldn't possibly drive them cars as hard as what many of them was doing but i know I could have easily have done in a 1*2, 200, Megane etc. Just my opinion.