ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 200 cup vs Focus RS

Erm, priority on future tests with Renault? Do you not remember when Ferrari threw a hissy fit and wouldn't lend evo cars because they didn't win COTY?

Exists in all fields, reviews and group tests are very rarely unbiased and genuine. How else do you explain cars like the mk1 FRS, where some mags raved about it and others were utterly cold about it?

It's a feat that people like Renault can build cars with all the modern weight penalties, and barely more power, that can lap at similar pace to an engine with some tin foil and a steering wheel attached.

How you like your speed is personal preference.

Im not saying it doesnt happen however what i am saying is that 5th gear was alread due to be cancelled anyway so the "Im too scared to give you a car" factor wouldnt have been an issue. I would also argue that theres alot of cars that recieved mixed reviews regarding upgrades blahblah. Civic type R for example, the golfs over the years.
I think the point that the new generation can be much heavier and better quality and be as quick.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's a feat that people like Renault can build cars with all the modern weight penalties, and barely more power, that can lap at similar pace to an engine with some tin foil and a steering wheel attached.

How you like your speed is personal preference.

I think the point that the new generation can be much heavier and better quality and be as quick.
Indeed.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
^^Cue more comments about the FRS being poor in corners :D

EDIT: @ BB's vid.
He was a c**k. Couldn't drive for toffee (I was 2 up), and spent the whole day playing billy big dick in the pits. Then on the drive home, I ended up on the same stretch, and he was behaving like a tit. Until the 500bhp rs4 turned up and spanked him silly:D.

There was a very well driven one at Oulton, was impressive.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good little video that warren.

I'd like to run a new FRS alongside my 172, best of both worlds IMO.
If I was going to keep the 172, I'd take a Golf GTi. If it was a one car deal, I'd be hard pushed to choose between the Focus and the Rocco R.

I feel the same dude, my auntie works for vw and could potentially get a discount on the golf R however you could lose the golf in a car pack and doesnt have the same wow factor for me that the focus does.

I have just made a new thread called 200 R and meggy R as i didnt want to get off topic on here, have a look.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Louism said:
I feel the same dude, my auntie works for vw and could potentially get a discount on the golf R however you could lose the golf in a car pack and doesnt have the same wow factor for me that the focus does.

I have just made a new thread called 200 R and meggy R as i didnt want to get off topic on here, have a look.
I prefer the rocco r, probably my fav sub 30k car right now n

I couldnt forgo the all wheel drive :p
I have also been put off the rocco since my auntie has had one, for me they are not quite right proportions wise :p

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^^^ Nice^^^^

Does anyone know how many FRS they're going to make?

As I am starting to see a lot of them around my way (I spotted 3 blue ones yesterday alone)