ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Black & White Limited Edition

Clio 200 Black and White
Just picked it up this morning.

Absolutely love it.

Attachments

• P1010833.JPG
    P1010833.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 591
  • P1010834.JPG
    P1010834.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 522
  • P1010835.JPG
    P1010835.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 649
  Cupped 200
Very very fine piece of awesomeness! Im happy for you mate on one side, but on the other side... its absolute boring to drive here when youre not in the mountains and stay driving by the law ;)

GTD, Lupo
Look good. Little dissapointed with the pearl White as I think it looks a little yellow (not just the showroom lights) but spot on other wise. Deffo going to get my roof done now.

Gorms

Clio 200 Black and White
I`m not a huge fan of the badge on the back either, might take it off.

In daylight it doesn`t look yellow at all, the paint just shimmers a little to accentuate the curves and bulges of the bodywork; subtle but effective.

Anyway, enough about the paint. The most surprising thing about the car so far is how well made it is; the build quality is in a completely different league to the 1*2`s with thick, solid door shuts, good weight to all the controls and a feeling of integrity and attention to detail that just wasn`t there in my old 182 FF or Trophy. The toys all work beautifully too, especially the bluetooth and the built-in tomtom, which I wasn`t too bothered about when I first specced the car, but now that I`ve used it a couple of times I`d say it`s a must have.

Haven`t been past 4000 rpm yet, but even below that there`s plenty of power and an AWESOME engine note! Steering feels markedly quicker than the Trophy and turn-in is voracious enough to get the rear end involved.

Full report and some better photos once the run-in period is over.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
I cant believe no-one has noticed the dacia sandero!!!

Clio looks awesome by the way - loving the black roof.......

Cupped 200
what spoiler is that

Its the Factory Option Spoiler.

@Mad: Havent got the TomTom, thought it would be awful... here you go ;)

To the revving: i revved till 6k from beginniung, but just after about 15km or more so everything was at temperature. Was at the Jaunpass too especially in the beginning time to move it how its meant to be and to get downhill without tapping the gas so the oil would be sucked up by the throttle stop nicely.

Everybody his own run in procedure ;)

Bulit Qual is great tho, but the Song skip wheel is rubbish i think, so is the USB Port sometimes.

Clio 200 Black and White
It`s the ordinary non-cup spoiler, not sure what it`s called.

Yeah, I`m completely over-excited about it, keep running to the window to make sure it`s still there!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I cant believe no-one has noticed the dacia sandero!!!

And at 9900 swiss francs its less than £6K! Bargain :p

Not sure on the b+w, doesn't do much to differentiate itself from a regular clio to be a special edition.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
GREAT NEWS!

The Dacia Sandero is in that first picture!

Car looks awesome, not liking the "Black White" Badge but loving that black roof etc.

Clio 200 Black and White
And at 9900 swiss francs its less than £6K! Bargain :p

Not sure on the b+w, doesn't do much to differentiate itself from a regular clio to be a special edition.

I agree with you, it`s not hugely different from the standard car but you do get a lot of kit for a very atractive price.

I had it confirmed by the dealer though, this is a switzerland only special and there will be 50 examples built.

Clio 200 Black and White
Looks good, I'd paint the side strips black.

Nah, there's enough black going on already with the wheels / roof / mirrors / nose / diffusor so the sidestrips are good in white.

Might get the door handles in black though.

Just another 110km to go now until the run-in period is over. Simply can't wait to let the music play in the higher reaches of the rev range. Very impressed with the torque (and the exhaust note) even below 3500rpm though - plenty of pull and some delicious pops and WAARps on upshits and throttle blips. 7800rpm must sound nuts!

Last edited:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Actually they sound better between 3-5rpm than above it, the engine note is quite boomy and nice low down but just thrashy higher up :)

Clio 172 RS2
Looks the part...
So bang for buck again! ;)

Post a outside photo showing the Pearlwhite better.

Get some Black sidestrips like TOON!

Clio 200 Black and White
Looks the part...
So bang for buck again! ;)

Post a outside photo showing the Pearlwhite better.

Get some Black sidestrips like TOON!

Yeah the value for money is just amazing - I worked out that a similarly specced Golf GTi would come to about 50,000 swiss francs, some 17k more expensive than the Clio. And yet when I compare the quality of the 200 to my colleague's VI GTi, there's not much in it, although the clio's miles more involving to drive.

I'll get some photos up as soon as the weather clears, with the amount of snow, salt and general crud on the ground at the moment it's very difficult to keep it clean long enough to get some good snaps!

Clio 200 Black and White
Like that quite a lot, shame the Swiss won't let you drive it fast anywhere.

don't feel sorry for us, we have plenty of alpine passes where you can have some fun and there are enough tracks nearby for some decent trackdays.

Oh, and the German autobahn is on our doorstep :)

Having lived in Bath for 4 years I do miss the North York Moors, North Wales, the Black Mountains and Exmoor National Park. Some epic driving locales for sure!