ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Black and White Limited Edition

Clio 200 Black and White
Anyone heard of these? They have just been launched in Switzerland and I'm interested to hear if they are also available in other markets.

It's basically a fully loaded Clio 200 at a fraction of the cost:

-Recaros
-Cup Pack
-Black Speedlines
-Pearl White ID Paint
-Black Roof
-Rear Spoiler
-Cornering Lights
-Tinted Rear Windows
-Climate Control
-Keyless Go
-Satnav
-Bluetooth

A regular 200 specced with all these options would normally go for over 40,000 swiss francs, but they are offering the B&W for 33,000.

Just switched my order over to take advantage, picking it up on friday!

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Wow, whats that, nearly £4k off with exchange rates?!

Nothing on the Renault system, but will check for updates.

Sounds very good:approve:

Clio 200 Black and White
Exchange rate is about 1.67 at the moment so yeah, quite a saving.

I'll get some photos up on Friday when I go collect it.

Black roof looks pretty awesome, and the Pearl white paint really brings out the wider arches.

Clio 200 Black and White
Yeah I'll definitely do a full write up Vs the Trophy, (which will open up a large can of worms, whatever the outcome!)

Sold my Trophy last week for 12600 swiss francs. Sad to see it go, but I'm really looking forward to having a brand new car again, with all the luxuries that come with it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How much is 12600 in pounds mate?

Is that a good price?

Trophy sought after?

Clio 200 Black and White
12600 francs is about £7.5k, which sounds like more than you would pay in the UK, but that's mainly because of the crazy exchange rates at the moment.

They were 30000 francs new in 2005 and mine had about 60k miles on the clock and two seasons of moderate track use. It is in very good condition though.

I guess they command maybe a 5% premium over a standard 182 FF or 182 cup.

Black Clio GT
hmmm sounds interesting.........
out of interest if you didnt switch your order, would you still be picking up friday??

great spec the black roof and pearl white is a new colour option here but i doubt the uk will get this special edtion though :(

be nice to see pictures of it ;)

Clio 200 Black and White
hmmm sounds interesting.........
out of interest if you didnt switch your order, would you still be picking up friday??

If I hadn't switched the order I probably would have had to wait another week to collect it, why?

Maybe it's a swiss-only special, I'll try to find out some more about it and let you know if it might be coming your way!

The Pearl White paint and black roof are available as options in the UK though.

Black Clio GT
If I hadn't switched the order I probably would have had to wait another week to collect it, why?

Maybe it's a swiss-only special, I'll try to find out some more about it and let you know if it might be coming your way!

The Pearl White paint and black roof are available as options in the UK though.

nothing bad, just made me think about why it was a limited edition, must have done a large batch of them as a colour test or somthing and made them into a high spec ltd model rather than repainting them.......
cant wait for the pics.......

Cupped 200
Yeah... on the price side thats awesome.. i paid about the 40k CHF youre talking about... and when i see something like that i want to kick those Stealers in theirs bumms... and whats even better, when ordering a special edition they cant even order it wrong! THATS an advantage!

Clio 200 Black and White
nothing bad, just made me think about why it was a limited edition, must have done a large batch of them as a colour test or somthing and made them into a high spec ltd model rather than repainting them.......
cant wait for the pics.......

Not sure I understand your reasoning there mate - if it was a colour test why would they need to respray them?

I get the impression they planned to run this special edition for a while because they've been advertised on some of the Swiss autotrader sites for quite a few months now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are you sure the guy isn't lying and it's glacier white?

Clio 200 Black and White
Yeah... on the price side thats awesome.. i paid about the 40k CHF youre talking about... and when i see something like that i want to kick those Stealers in theirs bumms... and whats even better, when ordering a special edition they cant even order it wrong! THATS an advantage!

Yeah it's always annoying when they bring out a special model right after you have ordered yours. To be fair though, you still have a very nice example - did they sort out all your issues now?

Clio 200 Black and White
Are you sure the guy isn't lying and it's glacier white?

Yeah I've seen the thing and you can tell by the way the light catches it that it's Pearl White Met.

Also they have printed a special brochure to mark the special edition and the full specification including the paint work is clearly stated in there.

I will collect it on friday so will get some photos up then!

Cupped 200
Yeah it's always annoying when they bring out a special model right after you have ordered yours. To be fair though, you still have a very nice example - did they sort out all your issues now?

Well, but thats with most of the cars like that, isnt it ;)

Tomorrow i have a Date with the Stealer for a pair of new Rear Lamps (they are moist inside), check the Recaros because theire making knack sounds when someone over 90 kilos is in them, and paintjob of the Anthracite Parts to Black Gloss (at least i hope that they will do the right colour this time :p )

The Spoiler isnt to be fixed because after ive told them a few times they found out by themselves that it wont fit with the Original GT Spoiler because of different Tailgate Part Numbers... hate those basturds... because it means i have to leave it like it is and its their fukcing fault and i cant do s**t about it....

Lesson learned so far. Shame it is.

looking forward for yours tho, itll be incredible i think!

RB 197 fatty
Anyone heard of these? They have just been launched in Switzerland and I'm interested to hear if they are also available in other markets.

It's basically a fully loaded Clio 200 at a fraction of the cost:

-Recaros
-Cup Pack
-Black Speedlines
-Pearl White ID Paint
-Black Roof
-Rear Spoiler
-Cornering Lights
-Tinted Rear Windows
-Climate Control
-Keyless Go
-Satnav
-Bluetooth

A regular 200 specced with all these options would normally go for over 40,000 swiss francs, but they are offering the B&W for 33,000.

Just switched my order over to take advantage, picking it up on friday!

...anyone else hear the people in charde of Renaults sales team saying ''hhmmmm, Vauxhall did well with their arctic corsa vxr's... maybe we could do the same with all these spare 200's weve got''

GTD, Lupo
...anyone else hear the people in charde of Renaults sales team saying ''hhmmmm, Vauxhall did well with their arctic corsa vxr's... maybe we could do the same with all these spare 200's weve got''

To be fair to renault i had my clio before the artic came out. Think the paint on the Corsa is also called Glacier white. So maybe the Vauxhal people saw the glacier white 197s and say hey i have an idea we will call it artic instead of glacier :D Im guessing thats closer to the truth.

65_CRS18587143_image1_300.jpg

DSC_0339-1.jpg

Apart from the black roof, but that has been played out by loads of other makes. Mainly the german boys.

Gorms

GTD, Lupo
I want to see this car!!

If you squint when you look at mine it kinda looks pearly white :D Dont think its going to be much different than a normal white 200 with black speedlines. interested in seeing what the lights look like mind you.

Gorms

Clio 200 Black and White
I'm not sure you will be able to see the pearl effect in a photo, maybe if it's a really sunny day. In real life it gives the paint real depth, like the LY but with some added colour differentiation.

Gorms' car looks awesome for sure, the B&W is the same but with a spoiler and a black roof.

Good spot on the Astra - very similar concept, apart from the fact the Clio would own it, obviously :)