ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 - Been waiting for Manifold from Renault since October

Clio RS 200
Hello all,

I bought one of these fine cars last year, it's a 2011 car and so has some remaining Renault warranty.

There was a ticking noise coming from the car which has been diagnosed as a manifold problem which Renault will cover under the warranty.

The car has been with Renault since October last year waiting for the part which is on back order, and so I get to run round in a 1.2 courtesy Clio instead :(

Seems odd that Renault are unable to advise when it might arrive, has anyone experienced similar issues with Renault parts?

200 GORDINI
had mine changed under warranty at beginning of month.took 2 days including the renault assesor coming out to it.
i think you need a word in someones ear!!!!!

Clio RS 200
had mine changed under warranty at beginning of month.took 2 days including the renault assesor coming out to it.
i think you need a word in someones ear!!!!!

Thanks, do you know exactly what part was replaced, maybe mine is a different part?

Seems unlikely they would pay for a courtesy car for such a long period if the required parts are on the shelf?

Clio RS 200
Speaking to Ad @ Wolverhampton maybe worth a shot, I imagine he has a good idea of part times etc, maybe the garage having you on/not pulling their finger out!

Thanks, involved Renault customer services the other week and their info is consistent with the dealer.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Christ, you're patient, 6 months with a 1.2 instead of your 200, I'd be havings words, that's awful, cars probably lost a few hundred quid in depreciation in that time and you've not even used it, you're effectively losing money for no gain.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
lol october jesus, i know alot of odd things are on back order at the mo, if the dealer are claiming for the car correctly thats alot of money its like 30 quid a day for a car

Lionel Richie
Ticking noise? You sure it's the manifold? Cambelt tensioners tick on them from factory! We've fixed loads

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Might be a stupid question, but why don't you just take the car back and drive it until the part arrives? If it's only a slight blow then it seems crazy to be in a 1.2!

200 GORDINI
Thanks for the info. How do you think lindeman got hold of one?
i asked them to make sure that the part was available for mine before i took it in.i booked it in one friday and took it in the following friday.picked a brand new clio diesel up.renault assesor came on the friday to authorise it(due to cost i was told)picked it up tues morning(was ready mon eve but couldnt get ther till late.whole manifold/front cat assy.apparently its quite common.maybe my dealer keeps them in.they are excellent with renaultsport service.harratts in wakefield.top service.

Clio RS 200
Might be a stupid question, but why don't you just take the car back and drive it until the part arrives? If it's only a slight blow then it seems crazy to be in a 1.2!

The advice from Renault is not to drive it, in case the bit breaks up and somehow ends up in the engine. Unlikely I know, but if this did happen they've been clear that they wouldn't cover the resultant damage.

Clio RS 200
i asked them to make sure that the part was available for mine before i took it in.i booked it in one friday and took it in the following friday.picked a brand new clio diesel up.renault assesor came on the friday to authorise it(due to cost i was told)picked it up tues morning(was ready mon eve but couldnt get ther till late.whole manifold/front cat assy.apparently its quite common.maybe my dealer keeps them in.they are excellent with renaultsport service.harratts in wakefield.top service.

Sounds great. That's just how it should be.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
At least you're not wearing out your own car. Hire cars are the fastest cars in the world dont you know.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Lol I'm looking forward to this then as my car had been in for 2 months waiting for the same part. This is the second time mine has cracked first time it was repaired within a week or 2.

Looks like the car will be out of warranty before I get it back. I hope no one damages it as lookers Chester is currently a builders yard :/

I was waiting for 3 weeks recently to get some work done. I was told each week that it was still on back order, which today I just found out what it means.
I was left without a courtesy car as I am only 20 and they wouldn't insure me.

Got fed up and phoned Renault direct. Spoke to someone who I introduced himself as the Manager. He phoned the dealership my car was at, told them on the Thursday that they had until the following Tuesday to get it there and fitted.

It was then delivered, fitted and sorted by the Monday.

I say take it higher. Seemed to work for me, and the bloke told us to ring next time it goes in and he'll keep tabs on it.

Edit: Not bashing my local dealership as they couldn't have been nicer/more helpful than they were.

Clio RS 200
Well, I finally got the car back from Renault on 29th March, having dropped the car with them initially I think on the 21st October last year.

No thanks to Renault Customer Services though, they contacted me on the 28th March stating they were working on some sort of temporary fix and would update me 2nd week of April. An hour later the dealer phoned telling me the correct part had arrived that morning! I updated Renault Customer Services the following week who didn't have a clue.

On a positive note, my car hit 3 years old on the 5 April and so was due to drop out of warranty a week after I had it returned, I argued that when I dropped it with them it had almost 6 months warranty remaining, and so they have agreed to provide a 12 month Renault Extended Warranty for me at no cost.

It's now for sale.