ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2 Airbag Module

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Not 100% maybe wait until someone else confirms it but I'm sure you will need a 172/182 airbag ecu if thats what you are fitting it too?

I have a problem at the moment and I can't get rid of my airbag light because after some research it turns out my airbag ecu is from a lesser model with a non sport vin number. So I need to get a 172/182 airbag ecu then I can finally get rid of my airbag light.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I was told it can be any Clio 2 airbag module, but you need to have it programmed to your vehicle.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, that's gonna do the job and to clarify it needs to be "configured" for your car not "programmed"... there is a difference.

Mick

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
To fit the new unit, am I risking the airbags firing?

My plan is to:
1) Disconnect the battery
2) Unplug the old unit
3) Unbolt the old unit
4) Bolt in the new unit but don't plug it in

Then drive to Mick's to be configured.

​Will that be okay?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I'm fitting a new one this week too. So I'd be interested to know aswell.

How does the lower dash come apart also?

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Pull out the cup holders and it's just under there (just in case you hadn't found it). I haven't worked out how to get the lower console out (haven't tried), but it looks to me like you can cut the carpet to access the nuts. I might do that if its possible.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Did you get sorted mate?

I had mine fitted, around 4 days later the car would not start. Refitted old airbag ecu and car started fine. Not sure why that has happened, so im still no further forward.