ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 2 1.5 dci low on power

clio 182
a clio dci came into my garage yesterday with a fault of low power and when i took it down the road it was really scarey to drive jus really gutless below 3000 then would drive normally after that. any way after a load of diagnosis which i wont bore you's with it was the egr valve that was at fault it was opening at the wrong time and alowing all of the boost pressure to by pass the inlet down the exhaust.

a good way of checking if this is your problem with out a diagnostic machine is to disconect the multiplug from the back of the EGR valve and it will drive like its old self again.

so we fitted the new one cleared the codes and its fine now when speaking to one of my mates who works for renault he told me this fault can happen intermittintly as far apart as once a month!

just thought i would post this as it was a buggar to figure out lol hope this helps anyone with the same fault :)