ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1999T Imobiliser/Central locking issue

Clio 1999T 1.6L
Hello everyone :)

I wanted to ask for an advice to the issue that I got.

The key or system seems to have issues locking the car, So I began manually locking the car(Locking each door by turning the key)
Sometimes when I press the fob the car will lock and unlock without any issues thus enabling and disabling the immobiliser properly but sometimes it just doesn't work, the red light on the key goes off but the car doesn't lock or unlock.

Yesterday it wouldn't unlock, So I opened the doors manually with the key and alarm went off after a minute it stopped and came back on, So the immobiliser is on now(red light blinks on the dash and by the grearbox) and being in the car sets off the alarm.

What's odd is that even with alarm going I was able to start the engine so I assume the transcoder is working fine. Every time I open the doors or try to get in the car alarm just goes off and the key fob doesn't seem to work :(

Is there any way to turn the immobiliser off or make it forget that it was on so I could drive and then I would just manual lock each doors? If I would disconnect a battery for an hour or so would it forget that it had central lock on?

Thank you in advance.

You need to have the central locking working, there is no simple way to turn the immo off.

Take out the central locking receiver located near the sun roof and give the circuit board a good clean up with a toothbrush and PCB cleaner.

If that fails then just buy a new receiver and key from somewhere.