ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Does it have Recaro seats? If so I would invest in some seat covers as they wear very quickly on the sides!

Clio 197
no it doesnt :( i do like the recaros but as i live in the midlands there not alot about there :( i drove a corsa vxr ( to chavy) civic type r ek9 ( to cheap feel) adn then a clio 197 in red come up at a renualt deal ok im probley paying a tad over priced at 8700 for a 58 plate with 23k but they gave me 400 quid more for my part exhcange ( Grande punto sporting 1.9) and a full years renault warrenty :) but the only thing wrong with it is that the women before has curbed one wheel but tbh i think red and black wheels would go nice but i dont want to end up going in to the chavy side i like to keep my car smart and not over done.

PB Clio 172
you should up date your car too you don't drive a 1.2

I hear that the gearboxes in these are wafer thin, better watch out for this right ! This is why I would never buy a 197/200. Dont trust the gearbox.

Clio 197
yh used to have a 05 plate clio was my first car :) long time ago :) loved it to some C**t in a Chrysler Grand Voyager decide that it was cool not to see me and demolished my clio

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
3rd to 4th should be smooth above 5k rpm, if its not, the syncro is likely to be on its way out. Lots Mk3 RS's seem to suffer in one way or another.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Brakes imo are the biggie, pins stick / seize and nipples are a pain in the arse for shearing! imo, strip, clean and bleed the brakes every service to solve all them problems.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I hear that the gearboxes in these are wafer thin, better watch out for this right ! This is why I would never buy a 197/200. Dont trust the gearbox.

yup. but... id hammer the f**k out of it for the next 10 months and get it replaced before the warrenty ends... just so you're not caught out of warrenty :)

Well....(clears throat)

Gearboxes made of cheese
Steering wheel material has a tendancy to melt/peel away (it's not real leather)
The OEM top stabilser bar is atrocious - it will knock from cold if it's bad.
Caliper pins and pads have a tendancy to seize in.
A mysterious knock when dropping off speed humps that no RUK tech is able to fix (or hear for that matter) - I know a few people who've had this.
The rubber seals around the doors tend to crack and split very quickly.

You've made an astute purchase.;)

Well....(clears throat)

Gearboxes made of cheese
Steering wheel material has a tendancy to melt/peel away (it's not real leather)
A mysterious knock when dropping off speed humps that no RUK tech is able to fix (or hear for that matter) - I know a few people who've had this.

Lol, mine tore to pieces on the Autobahn!

Clio 197
Lol, mine tore to pieces on the Autobahn!

Picked my clio up last night :) what a quick car and what an awesome sound it makes when ur hittign the high revs :( sadly 22mpg :| had to slow down a tad gettign about 28mpg which is normaly :p thank god i got it yesterday as my grande punto 1.9 turbo which i px descided that alternator died on the way :( rip punto it knew it was going lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
lol how? i got 24 consistently with a mix of motorway driving, town driving and a thrash when i got it home.

and :eek: how do you reset the counter... i couldnt find the button lol

Hold the two buttons down on the right hand stalk, the ones to switch throught the screens.

27 is just driving country roads, not putting my foot down to often.

Traction control and abs on/off. Yer if you hold them down on the main screen with total mileage on, it'll reset the number below that. If you go on to the other screens like MPG and hold them down, it'll reset them all.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well....(clears throat)

Gearboxes made of cheese

i agree haven,t experienced any gearbox issues but the rest seems about right i would get the oem mount changed anyway and a set of speedlines and a cup spoiler when convenient any pics

LY 200
Gearboxes waffer fin?

I never had any problems with mine!

Was proper solid compared to the 182 (which also wasn't bad either).

30-32 mpg mixed driving (not round town) I found also which is none too bad for the type I car it is.