ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197??

hi guys i couldnt get to the fcs but just wondered as there was a new clio 197 on show what the general opinion was of it????..i cant make up my mind if i like it or not from just pictures..

182BG
your same as most people mate.
I personnally don't like the look, im just hoping it performs well enough to change my opinion

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah it was there. i didnt like it ... like some/most people will say to much plastic. i thought it looked better in person but totally didnt like the plastic rear end and under tray. i wont be getting one based on more money, less toys and no increase in performance.

Focus ST
I think a fair assessment would be that, Most people want to like it, want it to dick on all other cars in its class. But lets be honest, it won't/doesn't.

Its no longer in the realm of a good cheap sports car. Its far too expensive now. Even with the Brembo brakes, rear defuser (whatever its called).

New releases should super cede their predecessor. In short it doesn't look like it has... :S

cock mobile.
The looks did nothing for me, but Jeremy confirmed that there is bound to be some sort of Cup and / or Trophy version, so that could tidy it up nicely then.

Tesla MP3 2021
i thought it was alot better in the flesh than in the pics...
so just need to wait for the test drive now;)

X-172 Cup
not 'special' enough - hope the perfomance figures & prices are competative or for me I think a Meggy 225 would be a better car...

The Cup version in white of the 197 looks pretty sexy though...

View attachment 7935

Last edited:
50 grand says the Cup version has a spoiler on the back despite Renault banging on about the Daewo Matiz diffuser. I am starting like the look of the 197 in some pictures and I'll reserve my judgement until I see one in the flesh, but I think anyone would be slightly unwise to NOT wait for the inevitable Cup/Trophy/F1 versions.

I will probably consider getting one in a year or two. Like a lot of people though, Im starting to get seriously attracted to a Meg 225Cup/F1. The F1 in the flesh looks SO menacing, something I cant say about the 197 so far. Then again I doubt most people would view the 182/172 as menacing, although I personally think the front end is.

E90
WILL be quicker round the ring, which makes it quicker in the real world, Unless you own a Cup/182/williams delete as appropriate.

imagegallery7.jpg

Black/Gold 182
I think it's best to wait and see what happens anyway, if you ask me the original 172 isn't a very good looking car either.

Nissan 350Z
Must admit its growing on me a bit now, even if it does look like the clone of many other cars on the market.

The interior in particular seems like a huge improvement on the 182.

I think i'm with the 225 guys on this. When I finally change my car, its #either going to be late 182 or 225 cup

RB 182 Cup
Roy Munson said:
50 grand says the Cup version has a spoiler on the back despite Renault banging on about the Daewo Matiz diffuser.

is this a Daewoo Matiz diffuser aswell then?

Mitsu_EVO_9_b.jpg

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
I hated the new look when it got out, but now i am begining to like it more and more...and i am afraid that after a proper test drive, i will want one...

Ross16V said:
is this a Daewoo Matiz diffuser aswell then?

Mitsu_EVO_9_b.jpg

No the Matiz item looks beefier. All else aside, the diffuser is b****cks. Future Cup/Trophy cars WILL have a roof spoiler and we all know it. Its all about styling on anything that doesnt have a fully sculpted undertray to speed up the airflow and create negative pressure.