ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Vent Wing

Clio 197
Fault I would post here and ask fellow CS owners, I took my car to the main dealers this morning regarding a paint problem under both front wing on my 197, they agreed that it should not be like it. (you can see from the picture below)

But they said the whole wing on both sides will have to be re-sprayed, so they advised against taking it any future as I will notice that its been repaired. He said it’s my choice, and if I do want the work doing to let them know.

Don’t know if I should go ahead as he has set me up to expect the work to be shoddy.

Would you leave it be, or press forward and get the car up to your standards?

If Renault is going to use the bodyshop that I think they are then I am not surprised they said that to me, but if it’s done properly and to a high standard surely you would be hard pressed to even notice?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If it's got a poor finish then get it sorted . It's a no brainer imo .

White clique
get it sorted - no dealer should be telling you they will fix something only if you accept a poor finish.

There is no reason why a repair should not make it look like new.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Definitely get it sorted mate. A bit stupid of them to say "we can spray it but you'll notice...", because if you can notice then you'll just have to demand for it to be done again. If they use a good enough bodyshop then the work will be seamless.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah I'd get that sorted as it'll get to ya if you know your car isnt as perfect as it should have been.

Clio 197
Cheers guys, I am going to push for the work to be carried out then. Just need to find a good bodyshop down in SouthWest Cornwall as the one they want to use are below standard.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Hmm, I could recommend a bodyshop in Exeter but don't know what's around in Cornwall.

Where you from?

Clio 197
Hmm, I could recommend a bodyshop in Exeter but don't know what's around in Cornwall.

Where you from?

Down in Truro, Cornwall. Exeter is quite far, just thinking *if* they make a hash up its quite far to keep travelling to and from, not saying they will but if they do.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
What is wrong with it exactly? Mine was very thin on paint on few places including the front bumper and mirrors. Didn't want to have resprayed parts so left it.

I could see the black plastic underneath as it was so thin. Same colour as yours aswell.

Clio 197
What is wrong with it exactly? Mine was very thin on paint on few places including the front bumper and mirrors. Didn't want to have resprayed parts so left it.

I could see the black plastic underneath as it was so thin. Same colour as yours aswell.

Its quite hard to see from the picture but if you look at the very top picture you can see white speckles, this is the primer showing through where paint has been applied way to thin.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
yeh its just a bit thin mate dry as we call it.
hmm i do understand the guys point being in the buisness if you can save
painting a new car then we would.
but in my prof opinion would get it fixed.
be warned if the garage isnt up to scratch they will try not to
paint the whole wing.
if they do paint the whole wing i would suggest blending the door.
you will probly have more hassle with them trying to do the least amount of painting
than just doing the job right to start with.
pm me for any more advice.
gal.

Clio 197
Mine was exactly the same then. What year is your 197?

2008 58 plate. That’s very interesting, wonder if all 197 are the same but not many people pick up on the problem.

yeh its just a bit thin mate dry as we call it.
hmm i do understand the guys point being in the buisness if you can save
painting a new car then we would.
but in my prof opinion would get it fixed.
be warned if the garage isnt up to scratch they will try not to
paint the whole wing.
if they do paint the whole wing i would suggest blending the door.
you will probly have more hassle with them trying to do the least amount of painting
than just doing the job right to start with.
pm me for any more advice.
gal.

Another concern to add to my list hehe If I get it done will make sure that they blend as and when is required else they will just have to do it again.

White Sti Hatch
I would get it sorted but before you give them the keys go over the car with a fine tooth come and any marks or that you know are there take a pic and make sure they note them down aswell so you have something to fall back on if anything happens to the car while out of your hands !!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I would get it sorted but before you give them the keys go over the car with a fine tooth come and any marks or that you know are there take a pic and make sure they note them down aswell so you have something to fall back on if anything happens to the car while out of your hands !!!!

cant stress this enough mate.
and also after speaking with a good friend who works for a paint company the best possibility for painting would be what is called soft edge
into the wing recess so your are not painting the whole wing
if its even half a decent bodyshop this is your best option.
maybe mention this to them. its requires no blends and colour will not be a problem.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
its only a clio!!!

no seriously! get it sorted! not acceptable on a car of that price! :)