ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 specs?

Hi, could someone help me with the specs of the 197 please? I'm possibly looking at one but I'm unsure of what I should be looking for. What options are standard on it? Are there Cup versions that are less high spec?

I looked at one earlier (56 reg) and it had cloth interior (nice sports seats though), air con (no climate) and no xenons; is this normal for 197s (were xenons and climate options or was this a "cup" car?)

Also, I read the gear ratios were altered to be a bit longer after a year or two, does anyone know exactly when?

thanks.

Cayman S Edition 1
I had a FF197 (Albi blue, Xeons, tinted rear windows, cabasse stereo) but put Eihbach springs on, it remapped and got the wheels painted anthrecite.

handled and looked much better.

Sold it 5 months ago and now drive a Trophy though;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I had a FF197 (Albi blue, Xeons, tinted rear windows, cabasse stereo) but put Eihbach springs on, it remapped and got the wheels painted anthrecite.

credit crunch hit you hard then? ;)

Cayman S Edition 1
Nope, the 197 bored me I'm afraid. I bought the Trophy for my wife in Jan and always prefered it. She always wanted a 225, so it was an easy decision.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it's only banter matey :D surprised you could find the 197 boring :S but then we all have differnet wants in life. :cool:

White clique

your 197 looked stunning, the best 197 in albi i have seen by far. :D

Cayman S Edition 1
it's only banter matey :D surprised you could find the 197 boring :S but then we all have differnet wants in life. :cool:

Absolutely!

Don't get me wrong, great car, but even when tweaked it never excited me like the Trophy does. But on the oposite side, I wouldn't want to do a long journey in the the 182, hence we also have the meggy;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
my 197 is wee bit noisy on the long runs back to kent. but then i ain't known much else apart from the 182 and my other previous cars. never had anything majorly ''refined''. plus the speed i cruise at sees about 25/26 mpg lol at least fuel is cheap at the moment!

i was tinkering with the idea of a megane myself as my bro has one and they are great. do about 16k a year. but i think i am just going to run the 197 up to about 60k or so, maybe until 4 years old. just passed two and is all paid off. can't be arsed spending anymore money on cars for now.

Cayman S Edition 1
your 197 looked stunning, the best 197 in albi i have seen by far. :D

Cheers buddy.

Here's a pic for those who never saw it

respray1.jpg