ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Clio 197 Meets Exige*

Broken Diesel Megane :(
with reference to the 197, there will be lovers and haters. wouldnt be CS otherwise. i went for it because its different. yet to see another one like it, and all other ones bar the r27s look average. IMO.

haven't decided whether to get coilies or just springs yet, is on my "to do" list. along with yozza exhaust and a remap.

alan, we all know ali still has a soft spot for you ;)

ST
with reference to the 197, there will be lovers and haters. wouldnt be CS otherwise. i went for it because its different. yet to see another one like it, and all other ones bar the r27s look average. IMO.

haven't decided whether to get coilies or just springs yet, is on my "to do" list. along with yozza exhaust and a remap.

Its ok Bag, you're my best CS mate from the North now x..

I'd just go springs to start with.. then upgrade if you need to, or want to..

Agree about the sticker thing though, imagine if everyone had the exact same one, how pish would that be!

ST
Couldn't agree more Juzzy...

Oh and springs defo, H&R give a subtle drop but tighten things up ever more.

Iceberg 172
Nice Exige, though I still prefer the rawness of the S1 tbh and that's a bit of a poncy colour for such a hardcore car.

Like the red/white wheels combo on the Clio but I'd leave the decals off. Just OTT for me. Then again, I don't really get the the whole new Clio shape at all - it just doesn't really work for me. Too big, too tall.

All in my humble opinion of course :)

aye the colour isnt everyones first choice, but i really didnt think i could live with the green or orange one everyday, black didnt really push my buttons, and white, probably would have been a nightmare to clean!

plus, dont you drive a silver car? talk about bland eh?! ;)

Iceberg 172
aye the colour isnt everyones first choice, but i really didnt think i could live with the green or orange one everyday, black didnt really push my buttons, and white, probably would have been a nightmare to clean!

plus, dont you drive a silver car? talk about bland eh?! ;)

Are they the only colours available?! In which case, I can see where you're at. I see an orange one on a regular basis and whilst I like the colour, it is a bit "look at me!" It's just that I hate blue with a passion!

I actually said I'd never buy a silver car as it happens, bit of a non-colour, but now Ive bought two in the last year! The Alfa just happened to be that colour, and there aren't enough left to start being choosy about colour, and for the 172 I was in a similar position to you - didn't really fancy the alternatives. Had too many black cars recently, Flame Red and Monaco Blue were both a bit dull and I actually like the blueish tint that Iceberg has.

Anyways, nice car the Exige. Would always be very near the top of my list if I were spending that much on a car. :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Its ok Bag, you're my best CS mate from the North now x..

Up yeee!! Ya fag!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
DSC_0276.jpg

nice!!!

Both cars look great. However, I think that 197 is shouting too much about its intentions, which it can't quite pull off IMO since it simply isn't quick enough to warrant all that visual drama. This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it, whether or not Alan likes it ;)

I'd say the same about a 182/172 also, were it stickered up so.