ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197 flat spots

clio 197
hey guys. just a quick one.

when im on the motorway driving like normal. when i put the foot down to give her a little run it accerlates revs up but doesnt go then a second or so later it clicks on and goes.

feel like flat spots?? also in the mornin its like a kanagroo effect when driving it bounces when you change gear.

i have a induction kit on it and a powerflow exhaust system. (silencer removed and back boxes changed)

anyone know the reason of this...

left it in to charles hurst and they said it was just low fuel running and bad fuel used. (i use tesco fuel)

regards

herc. ;)

Kangaroo is normal.

Flat spot should only be from around 2500rpm and can be mapped out and is because of your exhaust.

Barge
Fuel thing is bullshit.

They all have flatspots. I notice it too, it's terrible on first start up as well, makes pulling out of junctions interesting at times. LOL.

Kangaroo improved very slightly with the ECU thingy Renault can do for you. But it'll always be there, it's the nature of the engine.

clio 197
it already has the updated version on the ecu from what the renault guy said.

so to sure the flat spot on likes of m/way would be a remap/live map?

White clique
actis solution number 7103 at your local renault garage, free software update that solves the prob on pre 08 models.

clio 197
around 3000revs. im sitting at 70 on the motorway and if i want to overtake some i pull in the fast lane put the foot down to over take to get back in the slow lane.

when i put the foot down it stays at 70 revs up towards 4000, engine gets louder and just doesnt go. then its like the engine say 'oh s**t were meant to accelerate' then pulls away. its strange!!

i left it in and charles hurst filled me a louda wa*k tbh. they said i already have the updated software to prevent the kangaroo effect on the start up. and the reason for the flat spots is bad fuel. i should be using texaco super unleaded??

few guys on another site said it is because i have removed the silencers and changed the back box. if thts the case if i put the silencer back in would it resolve this problem??

thanks for the help/support fella's ;)

Sounds like its the flatspot caused by the aftermarket exhaust as I said in the first reply to your thread. Can be mapped otu or you can replace the exhaust.