ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Discount £13,395

Ph2 172
Won't be long till they're coming under 13k I'd have thought. Still only seen a couple on the roads too. They do look better in the flesh though, and having been chased and followed them at the Renaultsport day at Brands this year they can definitely shift. Just not tinny enough for me. If I wanted something bigger and safer I'd buy a used mk5 GTI

I test drove a 197 last weekend. I have to admit that I was very impressed. The build quality was fantastic in comparison to any other Fiesta, Clio I have been in. The breaks were brilliant and seating position great. There were only two things that disappointed me. Firstly I was expecting the 197 to be a little quicker. The 197 was fast but just didn't feel it if you know what I mean. Secondly when I asked about price the dealer told me that the one I test drove retailed at 17.3k. I thought that this was very expensive for a Clio. 13.4k on the other hand is much more reasonable.

I've now seen the 197 is silver, red and blue. I have to admit that the blue looks far more aggressive than any other colour. I wonder whether it would look nice in black???

Great car but I hoped it would be a little quicker :-(. IMHO it definitely didn’t feel like it could hit 60 in 6.* seconds...

P.S. I haven’t been in a 172 or 182 so I am unable to compare the two.

Clio 197
That's more like it. Still, Megane 225 Cups can be had that money, so it's still too much.

A full-leathered Megane 225 including Cup pack will cost around £1200 more than that.

Hold on a little longer folks... it will come down further.

i didnt like them at first, but after seeing them in the flesh once or twice, they have started to grow on me alot....the ultra red is very nice.