ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 decat and remap results?

Anyone on here got a dyno run after decatting (both or just the main one) and remapping their 197, seems this is likely the only thing worth doing to a 197

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Decat on the standard exhaust is plenty, remap with smooth everything out and make it run really nice. Panel air filter will be good too

A panel air filter won't gain power though, I want to see proof of gains with a decat, I have a wideband to fit and can self map

That's why I have asked for a dyno plot, surely someone has done it, on modern mass produced cars, the cats are usually restrictive and probably the only mod worth doing, although matched inlets might be worthwhile

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd be putting my money into an RS tuner map, not spending £300 on a propper custom one to give to 2bhp.

That's what I've done, coupled with a panel filter. Goes well for what it is IMO, improved cold behaviour no end too

So not much peak gain but more torque in the middle I'm guessing so drives better? Yeah the cold start map is terrible, thought my car was broken first time it did it