ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Cup Info

GW RS200
Not sure if this has been seen on the net before? Not by me anyway. It's for the Clio Cup racing production vehicle, *NOT* the much anticipated but yet to be confirmed road going 197 cup. But I'm sure they will have bits and pieces in common. It certainly *looks* a hell of a lot better than that bus they call the 197....

http://tinyurl.com/qbpyq

Steve.

The Jinx
Interesting read. Camber is finally adjustable, including on the rear. I'm intrigued by the separation of the steering motion from the damping motion as well.

Clio V6 airbox eh?

Swervin_Mervin said:
Interesting read. Camber is finally adjustable, including on the rear. I'm intrigued by the separation of the steering motion from the damping motion as well.

Clio V6 airbox eh?
Camber on the back of Clios is adjustable the Mk2 race cars had a choice of about 4 or 5 Renault officl sizes they could use in the cahmpionship they fit the road cars but only one road Clio I know uses them and that a race only car realy as its not needed.

TrophyBoy616 said:
can you buy one for the road? how much? looks road legal to me?
It could be by the looks of things the've made it so it can enter a few racing series ie britcar etc where all cars have to be road legal ie indicators and lights as some races are at night etc.

You could buy th Mk2 CLio in road racing group N spec with a nromal gearbox but few people would every drive it to work etc it would have been dangerous. You could make the proper cup racers road legal some guy in Italy did but the cost was huge. There are more economical ways fo doing it.

For all people who say that electric throttle bodies are ok interesting the race car has gone back to cable just like all there race Clios.

List price for a race car you'd be looking at probbalt £18k race teams who buy in bulk etc will be paying more like £13k. To ake one reoad legal the best thing is to buy a normal 1.4 or 2.0 etc and put the engine etc into that and register as a modifed 1.4 or 2.0