ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 aux input

clio sport 197
Hi ive got a clio 197 on a 07 plate and its got an aux box inside the glove box with 3 connections in it. Ive tried my iphone in the usb slot with my iphone cable and it doesnt pick it up on cd player. It does charge it tho so it must be connected. Also the cd player does say aux when you scroll through the src button. Can any1 tell me how to get it work or what i need so i can use my ipod through the cd player thanks

Red Clio 197 F1
Hi,

I've had my 197 F1 for 5 days now - and yes I'm still loving it!!

I want to get my car connected to my iPod - I can see above that it looks like a standard 197 has USB connectors in the glove box. I've just had a look in mine and it doesn't :-(

So what are my options?
Should I be able to get some connector USB wires in to the back of the standard head unit? I'd prefer to keep it pretty standard I reckon changing anything would make the remote / stalk pointless and I like it

Any ideas?

Lee

BMW M2C
The box in the glovebox is most likely a Renault Tunepoint. I've got one in mine. You can use a USB memory stick, anything with a stereo jack plug or an iPod. iPhones don't work with it though.

You can probably pick one up for around £100 or they're £175 from a main dealer.

I use an old 8gb memory stick in mine and it works pefectly.

Red Clio 197 F1
I couldn't see anything in my glove box - there was a blank panel right at the end but I unclipped this and nothing behind it - I'll have another look when I leave work tonight

So you think in my 197 F1 there should be some sort of tunepoint with USB points, then just plug in your MP3 / iPod?

What about the remote stalk functionality?

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't think the Tunepoint was standard fit on the R27, or any of the Renaultsport Clios. You can't miss it in the glovebox if there is one. It's a small square box, which is either stuck to the roof or side of the glovebox.

It's fully compatible with the cars existing stalks. I don't think it works with the uprated Cabasse headunit though, as all the gubbins for that is under the passenger seat IIRC.

This is one: [youtube]5jdtR7Xqs0w[/youtube]

Red Clio 197 F1
No definitely don't have that in my car - looks great!

Is it possible to have this fitted at a Renault dealer?

Red Clio 197 F1
Hi Lee - top help thanks!

And this should all work with the remote stalk functions?

How difficult is it to feed the cable from the head unit to the gap in the back of the glovebox?

Lee

BMW M2C
Yes works with the stalks perfectly.

Very easy, unless you've got really massive arms and hands.

Blue 2010 Clio RS
hi all, got a 2010 Clio RS 200 and im just wondering i got two aux holes in the centre compartment, ive tried a aux lead in it and it will not go in as ive got a android phone it needs a AUX to AUX lead... im really stumped, thanks mike

clio rs 200
hi can you help me bit thick how to get my i pod working in my rs 200 ? iv plugged in leads ect not to sure what to do next thanks