ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182s in Romford area

titanium 182

I think there is something wrong with my 182 but Renault deny all knowledge and I have nothing to compare it with.

Now heres the question and I would appreciate no smutty remarks (you all know who you are!) but could anyone take me for a ride in theirs?

to put my mind at rest or not...

Clio Cup

Whats the problem. I always thought romford renault was supposed to be the best in the london area. When i had my 172 they gave me 2 pages of warranty work they carried out when another garage said my car was okay.

titanium 182

thing is I cant quite pinpoint what it is thats wrong - it just feels wrong! So to be honest Im not much use to anyone! But I dont know what another one is like with the cup packs as renault only have a normal one and that feels completely different anyway. So just wondering if anyone could help really - if not Ill go back to renault and ask them if they can find anything.

me me!!

im in romford and ive got a 182. it has the cup suspension as well. you will need to be quick though as its having the prospeed exhaust put on it thursday and my maxogen is due any mo

Renault Romford, best in the london area.... b****cks went for a service and mot didnt even change the back bulb & numberplate light which they charged me for! oh and tried flogging me an alloy saying it was buckled when it was just the tyre bunch of w**kers.

titanium 182

Quote: Originally posted by TheKing on 06 June 2005

Renault Romford, best in the london area.... b****cks went for a service and mot didnt even change the back bulb & numberplate light which they charged me for! oh and tried flogging me an alloy saying it was buckled when it was just the tyre bunch of w**kers.
Last time I took my car there they told me they needed to get me a new tyre and it would cost £70 (clio extreme tyre) as I had a puncture that couldnt be replaced as it was too close to the tyre wall - my response was well put the spare wheel on then which they were trying to talk me out of - anyway took to it to my friend who is a wheel fitter and it was one of those small screws which hadn;t even pierced the tyre but was just stuck in the tread! Also wanted to charged me £80 to clean my rear brakes - Nationwide garage did it for free on a free brake check!

titanium 182

Quote: Originally posted by TheKing on 06 June 2005

You can have a ride in my 1.2 16v if ya like :p.
Thanks for the offer but I know what they ride like! Thats what I sold to buy my 182. But if you just want to drive round with me for fun - thats fine :)

Clio Cup

Well the standards must have dropped then. Whereelse is there in london to go to get a reno soughted?

Well anyway the reason i took my 172 to romford ages ago was that it didnt feel right and they said i had something like leaking shocks that were replaced on warranty as well as other things i cant remeber.

(if its a handling issue) Probably a really stupid idea but raise the seat as high as it can go and lower the steering wheel as low as it can go, then drive the car round like that for a few days <if you feel safe of course>. You sought of get more of a detached idea of whats going on with the suspension <like your sitting on top of the car> whereas when you sit really low you feel more a part of the car. This could be total rubbish though because im no car expert.

titanium 182

Thats how I have to drive anyway! Im tiny!

Thanks for your advice Richy 123 I may go to them at the weekend and see.