ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182

clio sport cup 172
had a drive in my mates standard 182 earlier, feels sharper, more kick at 5k revs, my 172 cup has got 1. k-tec stainless exhaust 2. decat pipe 3. hillpower induction kit 4. group n ecu from bb performance. am i doing something wrong?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
might be the ecu, im not sure what theyre like tho, from the other stuff urs should go better though,

group N ecu removes the 5k kick doesn't it? gives the car a smoother curve and higher revs.

with regards to the feeling sharper... could be many things. Tyre choice for example can majorly affect the handling. Plus the 182 has ESP which tightens things up.

182 has now gone!
I have a 182 FF, and had a drive of Ollies 172 cup for the first time (about time!!!) last weekend and loved it.. feels much more responsive and handles so well :approve:

b/g 182, meg tourer
like fubar said, the group n ecu will more than likely increase lower down tourqe, so the kick at 5k would be less noticable. i would say your car set up how it is should easily have the edge over a standard 182. take them both out and test it if your really concerned.

Mk4 .:R32
aye, the decat and remap with have smoothed the power delivery! I reckon if you had a race you would a couple of car lengths to 100!

black gold 182
whats everyone reckon though? is it better to have slightly more power throughout the range, or the cool kick you get higher up?

recently im tempted by the smoother delivery, the most sheetiest cars keep up with me if im off cam, obviersly i then whoop them after a couple of secs, but i fancy the more usable power option now i think.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
had a drive in my mates standard 182 earlier, feels sharper, more kick at 5k revs, my 172 cup has got 1. k-tec stainless exhaust 2. decat pipe 3. hillpower induction kit 4. group n ecu from bb performance. am i doing something wrong?

Have you had this mapped properly.All those mods wont mean much unles properly tunned

clio sport cup 172
no i havnt taken my car to a RR yet, suppose a trip to one is a must, dont know if there are any good ones down my way?