ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 wont start

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
well the title says it all,
i was out in the clio last sat night, wen i went through a huge puddle
but the car didnt miss a beat, and drove another 30 miles,
got back to were i live and called in at the shop, car started fine,
then drove to a mates and went it for 20 mins, then car started fine,
so i drove home and parked her up for the night, and locked her up for the night,

didnt go out in the clio all day sunday,
come to get in the clio monday morning, went to open it, but it was open ??
strange i thought, i always lock it,
anyway i put the key in, and normally i wait for all the lights to go out before i turn the key,
wen i did turn the key ........nothing, but the immobiliser light was on constant,so wen i was turning the key ,all i got was a little clicking noise like wen the wipers come on,
so i came in and tryed my other key, no go

so on the phone to a auto elecy, but wen he plugged his machine in to my clio, under ash tray, my clio would not connect to his machine,
can anyone shed any light on this please,
marcus,

by the way its a clioff 182 bg on a 55 plate,

Clio 182 2005
my car wouldnt start also the other night all of a sudden for a strange reason.

I locked/unlocked the car as normal. Got in and shut the door then turned the ignition on for 45 seconds then off for 45 seconds then on again for 45 seconds then off again for 45 seconds and then on and go to start it and it went.

Dunno if this will work for you but worth a try.

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
my car wouldnt start also the other night all of a sudden for a strange reason.

I locked/unlocked the car as normal. Got in and shut the door then turned the ignition on for 45 seconds then off for 45 seconds then on again for 45 seconds then off again for 45 seconds and then on and go to start it and it went.

Dunno if this will work for you but worth a try.

no joy mate ,

Clio 182 2005
oh well worth a try, forgot to mention when you turn the ignition on each time turn it on 2 clicks (so you get the lights on dash)

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
clio is off to renault on thursday morning, so they can hopefully find the fault, i'm just praying its not a new ecu i need, i say that because of the auto elecys dianostic's would'nt read my ecu,:dapprove:.
will keep this thread updated , for anyone that has same problem,

marcus,

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
its going into renault in the morning so wont be able to try ,as its getting picked up about 8-9ish, in a way i'm made up a little hoping they can find the problem, but i'm also hoping its an easy find , and an easy fix too :S.

marcus, thanks for the info anyway, and of coarse i will keep u all posted .

Does it crank at all ??

Some times the keys need re-synchronizing

get in hold the centre locking button for 5 seconds then turn the key to just before start while still holding the centre looking button

i just tried holding the key and central locking button and it turned the immobiliser light off but still wouldn't crank at all? anything else to try?

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
olly my clio182 has been off the road for 13 days, i got it dropped off at renault yesterday 9.00am and they phoned me up at 3.00pm saying my car wouldnt connect to there dianostics ,so they said to me they were gonna try anew wiring loom £113 that was yesterday they still have my car now, so i'm sat here thinking f**k its some thing major here, but they have just phoned and said your car is ready , it was just a dodgey wire, yeeee haaaaa, mate i will find out more info for you in 30 mins when i talk to them face to face, i even bought on sunday off here same spec and year as mine, a ecu, uch, pick up ring, and 2xkeys, now i can sell them on to get some money back,
marcus, olly i will pm u later,

172 & LCR
olly my clio182 has been off the road for 13 days, i got it dropped off at renault yesterday 9.00am and they phoned me up at 3.00pm saying my car wouldnt connect to there dianostics ,so they said to me they were gonna try anew wiring loom £113 that was yesterday they still have my car now, so i'm sat here thinking f**k its some thing major here, but they have just phoned and said your car is ready , it was just a dodgey wire, yeeee haaaaa, mate i will find out more info for you in 30 mins when i talk to them face to face, i even bought on sunday off here same spec and year as mine, a ecu, uch, pick up ring, and 2xkeys, now i can sell them on to get some money back,
marcus, olly i will pm u later,

Glad you got it sorted M8 I'll let u know if anyone else wants the ecu etc

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
EDIT sorry it wasnt a new wiring loom, £113 they sold me ,they just repaired the loom that goes to my injection computer, most of been 1 wire that had failed so they repaired it , that was the £113 bit, anyway got mi wheels back on the road again,

thanks trev i will be letting the ecu go again , get some money back,

marcus.