ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - what products and pads?

Clio 182
I've detailed some of my previous cars in the past however I would appreciate if someone could take the time to answer some questions:) I have an Arctic Blue 182

How firm is the paint? I hope it's not like my old R53!

What products do you recommend? From clay right through to wax. Also what pads do you recommendations? I've used chemical guys pads which I found great but I wouldn't know which pads to purchase this time as I'm unsure how firm the paint is.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've got an arctic blue mate.

I'm far from a detailing expert but I find that Prima amigo applied by DA with a blue hexlogic pad gives great results.

Spent all day on mine yesterday which included pre wash with valet pro citrus, valet pro snow foam (which I used for the first time yesterday and it's better than Avalanche imo btw), a decontamination with iron x and as mentioned it was Prima amigo'd.

Finished off with HD wax which I think is superb for what it costs.

Crap iPhone pic so doesn't really do it justice to be honest.

dave8yme.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
That looks great Ron... Wish I got more into my detailing when I owned mine :(

Clio 182
Thanks for the help guys:) I will be ordering all my products shortly. Ron, your car looks fantastic!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Theres such a huge range u can get. I personally love the Autobrite direct range & Bilt Hamber also. as for waxes AG HD as Ron mentioned is very good for your buck and Bilt Hamber finis wax are the best sub £50 waxes you will get but it all depends how deep your pockets are. Im well into detailing and have spent a fortune on products