ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 was miss firing now won't sart

Gordini 182
hi people hope you can help.

tonight my car developed a small misfire didn't effect the car much, about 10 mins later the car would hardly move but was able to soldier it home.

i checked and cleaned the plugs and ht leads went to start it and now the car wont start.

any help would be great.

275 Trophy
What's it doing when you try to start it? Can you hear the fuel pump priming? What's the immobiliser light doing? You sure you put all the leads back on correctly?

Gordini 182
What's it doing when you try to start it? Can you hear the fuel pump priming? What's the immobiliser light doing? You sure you put all the leads back on correctly?

Hi thanks for the reply

All leads went back properly done one at a time, yeah fuel pump primes, I turn the key tries turning over and the car start poping through the exhaust.

phase 1 172
1st port of call,crank/tdc sensor it may not know the engines turning so not signalling to spark(very common on these) give it a clean and retry

before attemtping a compression test check you have a spark consistantly 1st

Clio Sport 172
If its popping down the exhaust sounds like the cambelt might have jumped a couple of teeth and bent a valve as has been said do a compression test.